New sand in aquapod

joncat24

I changed the crappy ocean direct sand out of my nano last night. I got some seachem tidal marine gray sand.. I like it really well. First pic is with the old sand and the rest are of it today.

K

kat74

ooooooh niiiiiice!~ I like it!
How did you do it? Did you siphon up the old sand and put the new one in? How did you put the new sand in? Did it kick-start some kind of cycle?
I know... lots of questions...

Looks GREAT!~

joncat24

Originally Posted by KAT74
ooooooh niiiiiice!~ I like it!
How did you do it? Did you siphon up the old sand and put the new one in? How did you put the new sand in? Did it kick-start some kind of cycle?
I know... lots of questions...

Looks GREAT!~

the new sand was dry in the bag, I rinsed it for about an hour...lol.
Took all sand, rock, water, and corals out of the tank. Cleaned it a little , then I put in new sand and refilled it with all of the stuff. I ended up using about 5 gallons of new water in the process. There shouldn't be a spike or cycle because I removed all of the old sand.
thanks for the comments

K

kat74

Originally Posted by joncat24
the new sand was dry in the bag, I rinsed it for about an hour...lol.
Took all sand, rock, water, and corals out of the tank. Cleaned it a little , then I put in new sand and refilled it with all of the stuff. I ended up using about 5 gallons of new water in the process. There shouldn't be a spike or cycle because I removed all of the old sand.
thanks for the comments

Wow!!~ That sounds like a lot of work to do! Whew!

I love the look of it and would like to have sand like that, but with my tank being at work, and well, with all the work involved, it would be too much for me to do on my own.

But it looks fantastic!~