New Scolymia!!

A

alexmir

I got him friday, hes awesome!!! Has one huge polyp and 3 little baby mouths around him.
Very bright green and white stripes

A

alexmir

It does look like a lobo from the pic, i have researched and looked at lots of pics of lobos, scolymias, and other coral that look like scolymias, and its definitely not a lobo. Thanks for the compliment though!
The flesh on the sides, that keeps it from being a circle is the additional mouths.

ci11337

i honestly didn't even know scolys could have multiple mouths, i've never seen one with more than one. that combined with it's texture and shape made me think it was a lobo. Although if i had that i really wouldn't care what species it is exactly.

A

alexmir

The mouth's are actually seperate from the coral, not attached, they are just right next to them. I was trying to figure out the other night if they were attached, the flow seperated the small mouths from the big one and i saw that they were not attached.
The piece is only about 4 inches across, its not that big. It is gorgeous though, it looks like a big green and white peppermint!! I love it, its right next to my blasto wellsi (21 heads) in my little " Australia coral" section!
Their having a little Down under party in my tank!!!!

tankgeeks

nice piece, although i agree, its def. not a scolymia....scolymias don't colonize like that...but either way, nice find!