New set-up! fish suggestions!

fishgirl

Hey everyone! Well, I'm finally upgrading from that 30 gal FO I've been stuck with for I don't know how long to a 75 gallon FOWLR. (I didn't know if a FOWLR q should be posted here or in FO??) Anyways, it'll be run on a skimmer, LR, LS, SmartLight PCs 50% crisp premium white daylight, 50% ultra actinic blue. It'll have a cleanup crew, maybe some caulerpa, no corals. I'll cycle it with the LR, and then my first fish will be the little seabea clown I will transfer from my 30 gal. Later I will also add my yellow tang, but I will add him last to avoid aggression. What other fish would you suggest? I was thinking about a flame angel and a small hippo tang. Can I possibly add anything else?? I would love to be able to add some kind of pomacanthus angel or an acanthurus tang, but my tank is most likely too small. :( Anyone think it could work? Other suggestions? I love all kinds of tangs and angels.
Any input will be greatly appreciated and seriously considered. Thanks is advance - this is really exciting for me! :D :) :D

goofieones

okay, here is an answer :) I say that you can add the flame angel, and probably the hippo tang, because he is a different shape than the yellow, but I wouldn't add any other tangs after that. Also beware that the hippo tang is ick prone, I have one in my tank haven't had a problem yet....knock on wood. Some other smaller fish that might be nice are like the purple firefish, a small wrasse, a type of dotty, a gobie. You can either have a small number of bigger fish, or a larger number of smaller fish. I would just make sure like you said to add the yellow tang last.

dad

ok, i'll give you my 2 cents. i know i'll get alot of "slack to be nice" over this but what about yellow tail damsels? mine are not agressive at all and school together, the same as my two chromis's do. my next pick.

fishgirl

First off, thanks everyone! I have a few more comments/questions as to your responses, and I'm always open to more.
Dad - I have a yellow tailed damsel right now and he's the sweetest fish but he's so small and shy and even my little clownfish picks on him, so I thought I'd give him the QT all to himself or maybe buy two others so they can school.
As for the 75, goofieones, I know I could put alot more small fish in there, but I'd rather have a smaller number of bigger fish, tangs and angels to be exact. But I was hopeing that two tangs and one dwarf angel would not be it for the whole tank. I know the hippo is prone to ick, but there will be plenty of cleaning shrimps, and a ready hospital tank if needed. Any possible way I could fit a Powder-brown tang in there w/o having to upgrade???? I doubt it, but if anybody thinks there's a chance PLEASE inform me. All the tangs will be of diff. genus and body-shape, so I think it could work as far as agression goes. It will be a long-model tank with much more surface space and lotsa extra powerheads for excellent circulation.
Thanks again.

blueberryboomer

Jean, Have you thought about adding an eel?
We have our snowflake in our 72 gal right now. He is sooo cool! I also like the powder brown tangs, thier beautiful fish. Later Lisa :D

fishgirl

Buleberry, eels are way awesome :cool:, but I'd rather wait if I get an aggressive tank to get one cuz it could eat my clean-up inverts and my little clownfish, I sooo do not want that happening! :eek:
But do you think the powder brown could possibly work?? How long does it take one to grow from 3" to 7"? Prob'ly a while... They're so beautiful...