New Shark Pics

psusocr1

Gray Bamboo Shark (Chiloscyllium griseum)
took these tonight when he is very active, if you notice the FAT belly on him he just ate !!
he about 18-20" now he got really big really fast! and he has one heck of an attitude pronblem during feeding!

krj-1168

Well - It sounds you've got a health Bamboo - that is also a voracious feeder.
That's a good thing.
Also from the photos - it looks like "he" is actually a she.

psusocr1

Also from the photos - it looks like "he" is actually a she.
He has claspers
ocpokesmot how big of a tank?
hes in my 300 gallon. 400 gallon+ total system

psusocr1

thanks i have two stingrays but the other one was buried at the time of the photos since he just ate as well

sharkboy13

sry to be the one that asks many stupid questions that have been answered somewhere else but, what happened to the old bamboo? is he still in there?

sebae09

Psusocr1 did you hatch yours? how long did it take to start eating after you got it? I decided to get another bamboo and hes about 2 weeks old now and still not eating on his own i have to force feed him. ive never had this problem before all my sharks just eat on there own
Im also haveing a problem getting him out of his cave even at night he wont do much.
do you think it could be my lights? i have a HO light as my moonlight it is very bright could that cause him not to comeout? currently he is in my display tank untill he gets big enough to go into the pond.

psusocr1

Sharkboy13 sry to be the one that asks many stupid questions that have been answered somewhere else but, what happened to the old bamboo? is he still in there?
this is still my first and only shark i have had, hes just ALOT bigger now

1911_guy

psusocr1,
I see your shark and rays are coming along nicely, great job! Question about your 300g...I can't remember, is it in-wall? Are you still building that 500? Not sure if you remember, I will be building a 300-400 display tank in about 2 years. Since you are very familiar with tanks of this size do you prefer in-wall setups or right out in the open? Thanks

psusocr1

hey 1911 guy
thanks for the compliments from everyone, my shark is getting big and so are the rays, i cant beleive how quick they are growing which OF COURSE means i have an excuse to upgrade!!!
my tank is not in-wall i really dont have a preference with in wall to normal out of the wall setups but since you mentoned the 500 actually ended up turning into a 598 gallon tank as i stretched the dimensions out to 96x60x24
the reason for this bieng i want to have at least 3-4 rays in there, im probably only going to keep my grey banded bamboo and if anythign i would get him a mate and have the two sharks and maybe 3 rays or so but thats all, and i would also just keep the tangs i have now in my 300. i dont want to go any bigger that 600 gallon so i think two full grown grey's would look awesome int here with the rays.. no need for any other shark species in my opinion!
as far as building i ordered the front sheet of glass along time ago so its sitting in my garage for some time now along with all my epoxies and materials( i got black epoxy for the background), i was going to start building this summer but decided against it until my new house is built which will be in about a year or two which will be perfect timing for my shark and rays. my tank will be inwall because i will have a "fish room" in my blueprints for the house ALSO its going to be a plywood tank if you remember so it will only have a front viewing window which will be perfect for the in-wall setup..i will also use my old 205 gallon that i built as my sump/refugium for the 600 gallon. and then turn my 300 into a reef.
if you need any help just drop me a line and i can help you out with anything you need

1911_guy

Sounds good. Not sure I want to go the plywood route yet. 400 gallons is a HUGE upgrade for me and I think all glass would be awesome on the setup I want. Do you still have the "blueprints" for your stands? If so, can you please e-mail them to me at globenkimrug at hotmail dot com. Thanks.
I could use a little help with upgrading to a larger sump also. I'm not sure if I want to turn my 75 into a sump and use the 55 as a fuge or buy a 120 and turn that into a sump/fuge for the 400. Have a good weekend!

lion_crazz

Bobby, it's always nice to see new shots of the tank! Everyone is looking excellent in there. That volitan was a nice addition to the tank as well.