New tank--200 gal?????

jennlegend

I am looking to buy a used 200gal Oceanic. The guy is asking $500. Do you think that is an OK price? It comes with a stand and some lights.

mchandler

considering i just paid (dec 02) 574 for the tank and lights alone, it's a good deal! then the stand was another 500 and the cap was 255....just make sure it doesn't leak! And that was the cheapest I could find...I drove 2 hours to get that deal!

jennlegend

Thanks for the info!! I went to see it tonight and the guy had is full of water! That was a relief...all I could imagine was getting it home, filling it up and leaking!! What a disaster!
Is yours 200g or is it the 135g?

I got a couple of good deals on my 150 gallon tanks, but I had to drive 10 hours each way. Water was in each of them and they were up and running...............I did this twice:)

mchandler

Yeah it's a 135 gallon Oceanic...they are very nice tanks...just make sure that you have PLENTY of good friends to help you move it!!! I conned my brother into helping me, and it took everything we had to move it from the van and take it inside...and that was empty! ok maybe i'm weak. Good luck!

mchandler

jennlegend,
I see you are from good old MD, me too. There's a couple of good LFS. Actually I got my tank at That Fish Place in PA, they have excellent prices on all their dry goods. Closer here, there's Exotic Aquatics (Perry Hall), and The Aquarium Center (Randallstown)...ever been to any of them?