NEW TANK *** how long should i wait for cleaner or fish

mongaupt

how long should i wait until i get crab snail and other cleaners. is there any levels i should check before putting anything in for the first time. . thanks alot

1911_guy

Test ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, salinity, PH before you add any lives. Make sure your tank has cycled too.

bill f

Not sure how long its been running, but you should be checking levels to see a spike. But cycling should take 3-6 weeks.

mongaupt

how do you know when it cycles. i have the all the testers, how often should i check these levels. it took me about 3 days to finally get the water level right. thanks

scarr105

You need to add somethingto your tank like a piece of shrimp to start the cycling, or uncured rocks. After a few days you should see a spike in all your readings, take readings atleast every other day and do partial water changes until you tank readings ar normal.

1911_guy

Originally Posted by scarr105
You need to add somethingto your tank like a piece of shrimp to start the cycling, or uncured rocks. After a few days you should see a spike in all your readings, take readings atleast every other day and do partial water changes until you tank readings ar normal.
Info you, scarr is referring to a piece of cocktail shrimp from grocery store, not live shrimp from your LFS.