New tank setup added sand and got cloudy water.

Q

quik z06

Yeah, Ive been waiting for that. Ive had them in water for about a month in total and never once did I smell anything. Im wondering if it will ever happen or did the previous owner deal with that before I got them. I know his tank sprung a leak, then he said he put them in his horse trough. When I got them, they were dry already. I figure once I get my sump taken care of and all the rest of my ducks in order, Ill start adding the rocks to my main tank.

Nice! I started this week too and was at first alarmed when the sand didn't settle. Then I had to stir it all up again afterwards as I originally put the LR on top of the sand bed and had to rearrange. So tanks been up 2 days and I'm just now able to see everything clearly! I'll be following your progress if you don't mind as you seem to be a week or 2 ahead of me :)

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookednewbie http:///forum/thread/386007/new-tank-setup-added-sand-and-got-cloudy-water/20#post_3390644
Nice! I started this week too and was at first alarmed when the sand didn't settle. Then I had to stir it all up again afterwards as I originally put the LR on top of the sand bed and had to rearrange. So tanks been up 2 days and I'm just now able to see everything clearly! I'll be following your progress if you don't mind as you seem to be a week or 2 ahead of me :)
What part of Cali isn't interesting?

Q

quik z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///forum/thread/386007/new-tank-setup-added-sand-and-got-cloudy-water/20#post_3390765
What part of Cali isn't interesting?
LOL prob in the same town as mine. Whatever you do DONT add damsels or lil fish. Now I have an ich outbreak in my tank and have to remove it all to get them out. I should be starting my 110 gal either tomorrow or thurs if Im too beat tomorrow. Let your tank cycle and then add some CuC when your parameters are in the spot. ALWAYS QT new fish. Learning this the fun way.

lol. I'm spoiled cause I grew up in Tahoe and now I'm in the Modesto area blech. I'm planning to cycle with just the live rock then when done cycling will add a few snails then hopefully if that goes well a clown fish or a pair. You got an Ich outbreak already, yuck. Is your 30 the quarentine tank? I'm thinking I should start my QT tank too. Is it OK to quaranteen the CUC and clownfish together then? Did your ICH come from the CUC or the damsels? Hope it clears up quickly, this stuff seems hard enough to get the hang of without having to deal with complicated outbreaks and such

Q

quik z06

I think my ich came from the damsels as I had initial signs before I got the CuC. after 2 weeks I didnt see anything else again so I got the CuC. Where do you do your fish shopping at? I got my Damsels from Tropical Haven. Only other place I know of is in Turlock at Pet Extreme, but I have seen ich there as well.
Modesto isnt bad, its the home of Graffiti night! Yeah, theres nothing to do around here but....well....nope nothing to do lol.

I've been to pet extreme and tropical haven. I like Pets choice on Tully road too, they are pretty clean and the 2 people I've encountered there had advice that's pretty much in line with what I've seen on these threads

Q

quik z06

How is Pets Choice? Any ich outbreaks? I got 4 fish from Tropical Haven and they all have ich, got 3 from Pet Extreme (2 inverts 1 scooter) and the tanks there had ich outbreaks too.

Q

quik z06

Going to have to check it out next weekend. Thanks for the info!