New tank setup? For seashorse?!?

I just recently finish a 10 gallon tank last Sunday. It is for seahorse orginally..but i have learned that seahorse wont live in a fairly new tank so i had decisded to put some other livestock in there before getting seahorses. My question is this....My LFS told me that as soon as i finish the tank the next day i can out something in there. SO i asked him for a mashroom and he gave it to me. I put it in my old 40 gallon tank and it is doing fine. After i setup the tank( I Added two gallon of saltwater from my 40 gallon tank to my new 10 gallone tank) I added that mashroom. Now it is in that tank for about 3 days and it is doing fine. Can I put something elese in there this weekend?? like on friday?? thank you

pgreco

i would wait since it is a new tank it will have to go through some type of cycle. keep you eyes on your levels for the next two weeks, then you can determine if it is ok to add.

shootonsite

10 gallons is a bit small for a seahorse tank. Especially if you plan to buy one from your LFS. Retailers almost always get seahorses that are wild caught. These guys will need optimum conditions in a mature tank if you expect them to last for more than a year. A small tank would not be able to mature that way. Check on-line for stores like oceanrider.com that specialize in tank-raised seahorses. They are healthier and better suited for tank conditions. They are also trained to eat frozen foods, which is almost impossible to feed if wild-caught. If you do decide to go through with it, remember to keep the current as low as possible, have an abundance of plant life (to hold on to and remove wastes), and transfer water from your 40 gallon every two weeks.

S

sinner's girl

Go to: seahorse.org you can read lots of articals and learn about them.
A lfs near me sells tank raised seahorses...

nickersyaaa

HEY, THIS IS WHAT i DID... jSUT RECEIVED 5 DWARFS THREE sUNDAYS AGAIN, AND THE MALE HAD his babies. Here it is three weeks later brand new 2.5gal. tank doing great. OH yes just added a sm. pipefish, which also had hid babies en-route. I also have three sm. mangrove oysters to put in there. Could eny one help on how to care for theses?
oh YES!!!!
Please write if you need more info... nickersyaaa@yahoo.com