Alright guys, on Tuesday im going to go buy the initial things to set-up my 10 gallon nano. That is of course barring any setbacks from that bothersome hurricane Ivan thats out there. I live in Miami, so it may slow me down. Anyways, I need a shopping list to take when I go to my LFS. So far I'm planning on getting these things:
PS: This will be a fish only tank, maybe some shrooms later
1. Tank (10 gallon, glass)
2. Penguin Power filter 125 (any suggestions on this would be appreciated, if anyone knows of a filter that is as good and quieter!!, please let me know)
3. Between 10 and 15 pounds of LR
4. LS (exact amount still unknown, again some suggestions would be greatly appreciated)
5. A thermometer (suggestions please)
6. As far as lighting, suggestions are welcome, but I am planning on getting a corallife lighting fixture later for the shrooms. I just the lighting on Tuesday to be good enough.
7. I dont think I need a heater, thermastat is always at 75 in the house.
8. Salt for the water
9. Test kits (which ones will I need?)
Thats all I can think of, but please if u guys can think of anything, please post it. Again, this is only the list for the cycling period, later Ill get anything else Ill need once I get the fish.
I plan to keep two percula clowns eventually, a shrimp, and a blue hermit crab.
By the way, what is a clean up crew made up of? I guess Ill need one of those too.