New tank unlevel

plumber

Hi , Just got a new 150 gallon tank , did a trail run with fresh water tank is about 1.5" out of level over the length. How do I overcome this short of jacking up house, real old house. Tank has dual overflows tried to adjust did not work need help Please.
Thanks John

C

cmaxwell39

I would suggest shimming the stand to make the stand level. You don't want to shim the tank itself because the tank needs to sit on a flat surface so that it doesn't twist or flex. HTH.

plumber

Hi, Sure apprciate your reply, But doesnt stand also have to remain in continuos contact with floor? Thanks John

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by Plumber
http:///forum/post/2988222
Hi, Sure apprciate your reply, But doesnt stand also have to remain in continuos contact with floor? Thanks John
It would be ideal,but it really depends on your stand. If its on concrete i would look into self leveling cement.If its on a wood framed floor it might be in your best interest to build a custom platform for you stand to sit on rather than use 1 -1/2" shims down to nothing.

tank a holic

+1 on what V said, It wouldn't take much to make a stand
on a smaller sank I would say shims would be ok but a 150 has 1200+ lbs of water let alone the weight of the tank
I'd do the stand