New tank

linda5749

:happyfish
Hello, I am new to Saltwater and I have the most boring tank there is...I need some color and some advise on how to get the correct lighting, and any other helpful information to get me started. I have a 30 gallon tank with just one regular fluorscent bulb. I have just the regular pump for filteration. I have been told that I need to have more lighting and possibly a protein filter? I have 2 clown fish, 1 Yellow Tangan. a Sea Urgent, and some kind of dragon fish that is suppose to help clean it and also some snails. I want to be able to have corals and some of the other things that have alot of color. I also have live rock and I would like to know how they get their vibrant color that I see in the books etc. I have just started testing my water since I was told that my ph was low, but I do not know much about that either. I guess I just need all the help that I can get, is there anyone out there that can help me???????

brownleaf

Welcome!:cheer:
First off, do some reseach here on new setup, I think Saltwater Aquarium 101 by 007 would be great help.
For lighting, you may need about 150 to 175 w. PC, VHO, or MH.(depends)
"protein filter?" - That would be Protein Skimmer.
Life rock will take about 4-6 month for some "color" to grow on.
But you can buy some that already has some growing on it.
just my .02
May be someone has some idea on the fishs.