new tank

jlm

wow, it's been awile since I've been online this place has really changed. Well I finally got my 72bf changed over to my 120 gal. tank this weekend. I'll try to post a couple pic's. All I have right now are a couple with just my actinics because it was so late when I got finished moving everything. I was so scared but it looks like we did well and didn't lose anything.

jlm

here's one of the old tank before we changed. I took a cutting from the colt and hairy finger leather and sold the mother colonies to a friend.

nemo lover

good to see you back! looks good! more room to grow and add :) Post some pics when you get the lights finished.

jlm

Thanks, I'll have more pic's tomorrow after the lights come on. Here's a question. I have dual 250 mh 10k and dual 65watt 03 actinics, Do you think that is enough for this new tank with my clams? Or should I try to save for the 400 watt mh?

nemo lover

what's your tank dimentions? what type of bulbs do you use? and what type of clams were you planning to get?

nm reef

Very nice...moving from one display to another can be very stressful...looks like you made the transition real well.

jlm

tank is 4x2x2. My 72bf was 4x about 21"high x 15" in the middle. I have three clams already from my 72 and the are 2 crocea and 1 derosa. They seem to be okay but I just moved them saturday. I have some lps too. Oh and the bulbs are ushio 250mh mogal socket. and oops the 03's are 96 watt pc's not 65 my mistake.

jlm

okay finally got my pictures taken. here's a full shot
then the right side
then left side
and the last one is my new candy from my mother-in-law

jlm

Thanks, I was wondering does anyone have an idea about my light question or should I start another thread.