New tank

lexluethar

Has anyone seen any 90 gallon corners (or around that size, anything larger than 50) with built in overflows? I've been looking around and the only tanks i've seen w/ overflow boxes already in place are the standard rectangle design. I would really like to upgrade my 30 to another corner, but with that size i would like to run a sump/fuge and filtration/skimmer under the cabinet.
If not, is it safe to drill the SIDE of the tank? I've read you can't drill the botton b/c it is tempered glass, but couldn't i purchase an overflow box, then drill the side of my tank to run the pipe?
Any input would be appreciated!

kellenr

I don't know about 90G corners, I've never seen one. But with a tank that large I'd be skeptical about drilling a glass side wall. If you're looking to plumb it yourself I'd start looking for an acrylic. You could always go up and over and not drill anything.

mie

Angler man has a 90 gallon corner with a built in overflow.
Pretty sure it is an all glass brand.

dgonci

All Glass Aquariums makes a 92Gal Corner. The bottom is tempered so you could not drill that, however you can verify with the company about the sides. If you can drill that glass-holes dot com makes a couple of different overflows that you can drill your self. I have a 40 Gal breeder so I got a 700gph overflow from them and drilled it myself, however they also have a 1500 gph one. If you call them they are pretty helpfull as well and it is easy to drill. They also sell locline and the drill bit to install that as well.