New tank

the puerco

I am in the studing process of setting up a new reef tank... 75 or 100GL... I know that i need 1/1.5LB of LR per GL and about a 3" Layer of LS. Also I have a friend that will share some of his tanks water for my to create a faster Cycle... Now I need to know what is a GOOD Filter and why... please give me brand and web side and a price range if possible.... I will probably have Inverts and some small fish.... please give me some advice.... Thanks

fishy88

are you going to have a overflow or ho filter? if over flow get a wet/dry and skimmer. if ho get skimmer i like the The Berlin HO around $175 or CPR Bak Pak Dual Pak $200 and 2 Emperor Power filter 400 W/BIO-Wheels about $50

J

jessicarabit

If you match the correct amount of LR to your tank, then you wouldn't need any type of filter media (wet/dry, foam, etc) to add large of amounts of nitrates to your system. The idea here is keep as natural as possible & with enough LR (nature's filter) & ample amount of flow (powerheads), the system will take care of itself. This is what I've done & have cut back the nitrates to where I can keep them safely at 5. Here is a site where they offer the best supplies at reasonable rates
[/url] Good Luck!
Jessica, links to other sites that sell products offered by SWF.com are not allowed. Not sure if you knew that or not, but that's why your links were removed. Thanks for understanding