new tank

Y

yae4volcom

I just got my tank. Its an Eclipse 12 and the upgraded lights are comming soon. I still have to get the sand and water but then all I need is the LR and I'm set to cycle. wish me luck =)

T

thomas712

Good luck and post your progress, l love it when a new tank goes up, sometimes a bit frustrating but exciting just the same.
Thomas

Y

yae4volcom

I deffinatly will and Ill post pics as soon as I get my laptop working. I'm liking the look of the tank except that it looks funny on my desk so I'm going to put it somewhere else. My heater is sorta big and so is the filter pipe but otherwise I like it. OT but the picture on the box of the saltwater eclipse 12 is a bit misleading. The filter pipe isn't even in the picture and there's about 6 fish and ones a tang.....owell

Y

yae4volcom

well......I have not put in water because I can't find sand anywhere. I think I will just get some live sand from this site. I was wondering around how many lb I would need for a 12 gallon. The new lights just came here and I installed them right away. Its a supernova 32 watt retrofit and it lights it up really nice. Putting it in was pretty easy except for the screws don't go in the cheap plastic very well. I guess I will order the sand and rock tommorow. I also wondering if I should add the sand and then the water or do I need to put the sand directly into water???
Thnx

imo

Add your sand first and then put a bowl or dinner plate on the top of the sand to pour your water into. It will help prevent your sand from causing a dust cloud when the water is added. Good luck.

overanalyzer

Ditto on IMO - plus you don't need a huge sandbed in a nano tank so a small bag of aragonite from your LFS would do for a sand bed. Personally I like a 2-4" sand bed in my nano's - get some of hte DSB benefits - plus a house for your bristle worms - etc!
What are you thinking of stocking in it?