new to clams:what do i feed it?

i bought a 2inch crocea clam online and just acclimated it. it instantly opened which was nice to see but i don't know what/how to feed it? i am mostle an lps person and i don't think the clam is going to like my homemade food for the lps corals. do i need to buy a special food? or can i make a food for it? please any intel would be appreciated. thanks
in case it matters it is sitting about a foot and a half away from a 250 watt halide my calc is 420, nitrates, nitrites, ect all 0 alk about 3.5meq/L very healthy tank just no idea on feeding lol

dplantz

Well I know just from listening to some people that spot feeding clams can hurt them so don't do that. As long as you put some filter feeding food like phyto, cyclopeeze, algae paste, oyster eggs, something of the sort, it should be ok. And for next time, buy a 3"+ clam as they can fend for themselves pretty well after that. For more info pm Candycane, hes the clam gurue here.
Oh and pics are always great (hint)

candycane

Originally Posted by yerboy
http:///forum/post/2690580
http://somas.stonybrook.edu/~MADL/pu...clamgrowth.pdf
That's great, if you're feeding a Quahog from New Jersey in 71 degree water.
The study was based around sediment clams as far as I can tell. Their nutritional requirements are pretty far apart (metabolism, habits, etc.)
Reed-Mariculture does make a good food from what I have seen. I try to keep what I feed above 45-50% protein. Tahitian Reef-Blend is another good one as well. Those are just two that I have had good luck with.

nano reefer

ULTRA MIN F. google it. feeds clams and gorgonians and my corals like it too. amazing stuff. your clam will be (dare i say it?), HAPPY AS A CLAM!

magnumzero

DarkSlayer414, lol really offtopic. But, remember me MagnumZero? Halo 2 Xbox Live ring a bell? Playin MLG on lockout all the time and I always jump off with the sniper. Anyway, my new GT is ColdFusion17, add me.