New To Swf Need Guidence

HELLO EVERYONE IM A NEW COMER TO SALTWATER FISH I'VE BEEN AROUND FRESHWATER BUT IM TIRED OF IT I WANT SOMETHING NEW AND COLORFUL. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN INTO THE AGGRESSIVE SIDE TO FISH BUT I FELL IN LOVE WITH AN EMPEROR ANGEL FISH BEAUTIFUL I NEED TO HAVE ONE!!
I CURRENTLY HAVE A TRUVU PLEXY GLASS 100 GALLON TANK THAT WAS SET UP WITH FRESHWATER FISH.
I WANT A FOWLR TANK WITH THE EMPEROR IN THERE WHAT ELSE CAN I PUT IN WITH HIM IN THIS TANK?
ANY SUGGESTION ARE WELCOME THANKS IN ADVANCE

R

regina13

If you are totally new to this PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! read that. it is VERY helpful for a newb.
My advice is READ READ READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hammerhed7

Set your tank up and add other fish first, put the angel in last. Angels need an established and stable tank, and a new set up is anything but that. Also choose the other fish carefully as you won't have much room left once you add the angel., a 100 gal is borderline too small for a large angel.

Originally Posted by regina13 http:///forum/post/2466890
Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!
This is a great place to ask any questions you have.
You have soooo many choices.. How about you tell us what you do and don't like and we can go from there.
This is long, but helpful: https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/301033/101-tips-to-beginning-and-maintaining-a-saltwater-aquarium
well i want:
a emperor angel fish
a huma/picasso trigger
a snowflake eel
a dog face puffer
a foxface
a chocolate chip starfish
a naso tang
assortment of damsels as food and color variety to the tank
is all this possible?
and which order to put them in?
thanks again

ric maniac

I think that will be a bit overstocked, but I have very little experience with large tanks. I would add the foxface first, then the naso, then the dogface, then the eel, then the trigger and finally the angel. But someone might want to chime in a state if it will be over stocked

R

regina13

I would say no to the naso. It gets way to big for a 100 gallon believe it or not..
I personally would not do the damsels because they just become a pain..

I am not the best at orders lol
, so wait for someone who had a little more experence to tell you that..

Originally Posted by ric maniac
http:///forum/post/2467319
I think that will be a bit overstocked, but I have very little experience with large tanks. I would add the foxface first, then the naso, then the dogface, then the eel, then the trigger and finally the angel. But someone might want to chime in a state if it will be over stocked

yeah recheck my list and cut one out

Originally Posted by regina13
http:///forum/post/2467332
I would say no to the naso. It gets way to big for a 100 gallon believe it or not..
I personally would not do the damsels because they just become a pain..

I am not the best at orders lol
, so wait for someone who had a little more experence to tell you that..
so no naso huh? darn looked pretty cool what about a purple or yellow tang? how would the damsels be a pain? wont the trigger and snowflake take care of them?

ric maniac

I would just cut out the naso. And the damsels won't be eaten most likely. They are VERY fast, and are a pain in the ars to get out.

snipe

damsles in an agress tank work well though actually. They hold there own and dont get big and some are rather pretty. Gold stripe maroon clowns are good. Believe it or not the Clowns are related to Damsle fish (I think there actually a type of damsle). Domino damsles are known to host some anemone's

crashbandicoot

a purple or yellow tang would work in your tank . But as far as damsels go they can actually be a pain in the but when adding new fish . For their size they are exterely aggresive and will pester other fish and stress them out . They are very fast and agile and not so much food as we would all like to think.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by deliciouss_100
http:///forum/post/2467289
well i want:
a emperor angel fish
a huma/picasso trigger
a snowflake eel
a dog face puffer
a foxface
a chocolate chip starfish
a naso tang
assortment of damsels as food and color variety to the tank
is all this possible?
and which order to put them in?
thanks again

Your list is ok as long as the tank is actually over 100g. You will need to add all the fish at sub adult levels. You will also need to upgrade within 2 years to at least a 180-240g when these guys get to their adult sizes.
For example, your emperor will grow to about 13" and 2" in girth. The picasso will be the size of a football. Snowflake will be 24" and as thick as your wrist. Dogface will be 12". The foxface will be 9". The Naso will be 18".
The star is a no-no in an aggressive tank. It will be a nice snack for your puffer and angel.
IF you are not going to upgrade, then scratch the Naso and Emperor from your list.

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2467635
a purple or yellow tang would work in your tank . But as far as damsels go they can actually be a pain in the but when adding new fish . For their size they are exterely aggresive and will pester other fish and stress them out . They are very fast and agile and not so much food as we would all like to think.

thanks for the advice i will think it over
Originally Posted by ccampbell57

http:///forum/post/2467646
Your list is ok as long as the tank is actually over 100g. You will need to add all the fish at sub adult levels. You will also need to upgrade within 2 years to at least a 180-240g when these guys get to their adult sizes.
For example, your emperor will grow to about 13" and 2" in girth. The picasso will be the size of a football. Snowflake will be 24" and as thick as your wrist. Dogface will be 12". The foxface will be 9". The Naso will be 18".
The star is a no-no in an aggressive tank. It will be a nice snack for your puffer and angel.
IF you are not going to upgrade, then scratch the Naso and Emperor from your list.
i've heard you were very experienced i take your words seriously
what will happen after 2 years? if i take out the naso can i keep the angel? and what about the damsels? and what about a purple or yellow tang? thanks

A

alexmir

I would also say no to the damsels, i had two and just recently got rid of one, i hate the biggest one!!! their cheap and cute at first, but grow agressive and lose their charm. WHen you get more experienced you will want to add prettier fish, but may not be able to because your bioload would be too great, and the damsels would have to come out then.
Save yourself being attached to them, and having to get all of the rock out to get the damsels out. just my opinoin

michaeltx

I would skip the huma huma trigger and the choclate chip star
the star will become food for the puffers
the trigger can and will go bonkers and can take out alot of fish in a very short time. mine that I had live peacfully for almost a year with all tank inhabitants and took out a porky puffer, stars and stripes, and a yellow tang in a matter of about 30 minutes no signes off aggresive behaviour before this. Many have had this problem to its a normal thing with these guys.
Mike

Originally Posted by alexmir
http:///forum/post/2467796
I would also say no to the damsels, i had two and just recently got rid of one, i hate the biggest one!!! their cheap and cute at first, but grow agressive and lose their charm. WHen you get more experienced you will want to add prettier fish, but may not be able to because your bioload would be too great, and the damsels would have to come out then.
Save yourself being attached to them, and having to get all of the rock out to get the damsels out. just my opinoin
ok so no damsels then
got it!! thanks
Originally Posted by MichaelTX

http:///forum/post/2467848
I would skip the huma huma trigger and the choclate chip star
the star will become food for the puffers
the trigger can and will go bonkers and can take out alot of fish in a very short time. mine that I had live peacfully for almost a year with all tank inhabitants and took out a porky puffer, stars and stripes, and a yellow tang in a matter of about 30 minutes no signes off aggresive behaviour before this. Many have had this problem to its a normal thing with these guys.
Mike
but i love how they look fine no chocolate chip star but the huma trigger?
this only leaves me:
snowflake eel
dog face puffer
emperor angel
foxface
yellow or purple tang
what else can i add then?

michaeltx

How much LR are you planning on adding to the tank?
humas can be nasty little buggers and out of nowhere I got mine for the same reason I love the look.
There are a few other triggers that you can look at the niger trigger, cross hatch
if your not dead set on the eel there are a couple of different morays that can go in that mix
there are a few other things I have in mind but need to know the LR plans first.
Mike