New track suit!!! Yeah!!

reefforbrains

um.. well I guess thats about it but I am exited so I thought I would share.
Sorry CFR not bacon colored. But I did think of it. Just didnt want to have to paint a bike like bacon to match. I did give it careful consideration on exactly how hard it might be to configure the colors to look like bacon. Came to the realization it would not be all that difficult, but I don't want THAT much attention drawn to me when at the track. Besides the budget isn't there. When staring down the pricetag of a full set of gear it is hard to take it so lightly as to make it into comical expression.
Who else rides track?
Around here I am lucky. Within a reasonable drive I have:
Leguna Seca
Sears Point aka- Infinion raceway (But it will always be Sears Point)
Thunder Hill
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Reno-Fernley Raceway
I don't even care if I have to ride them in the rain to catch them all this season.
Not all that exiting to those that dont ride I guess. To those that DO, you folks can appreciate the exitement new set of leathers.

m0nk

So you gonna post pics of your leathers or are we to assume that the pink thing above is what you're wearing?

I ride street only currently, just because I haven't found a track nearby. There's a bunch of people in my office that ride and we were talking about doing a racing team, just amateur, but it would still be fun.

T

tizzo

Holy crap RFB, I didn't know you rode tracks! Well, I'm excited for you!
Unless your gonna wear that pink outfit, then I'm embarrassed for you, lol. Which brand did you decide to go with and for crying out loud, which colors DID you get??

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/2668356
When staring down the pricetag of a full set of gear it is hard to take it so lightly as to make it into comical expression.
And I don't think CFR would see it as a comical expression. I think he would view it as "freedom of religion"

kjr_trig

Have you actually had a chance to race or at least drive/ride at Laguna Seca? For my money the best road course in the States.

J

jrthomas40

so did you get a track suit...there are a lot of people here that do track...we have the WERA races coming to talladega gp and we also have barbers motorsports

reefforbrains

Yes I got the suit. Lucky wife snuck a pic. At the time I was annoyed with her doing it. Now its my only saving grace from you piranas.
Now glad she took it otherwise I would look like a lunatic knocking on the neighbors door in full gear asking them to take my picture.
Full set of gear. Had to hide the reciepts from the wife but I really am exited. Normally I wear out suits until they have been patched and disgraceful looking. I am just so cheap. Saftey is always important but you just never find a deal on a suit when your my size. Seems track riders are almost dwarves when you look at used gear.

aquaknight

Cool duds...

I've been around Homestead Speedway's road course and Sebring. Though those where in cars, not a bike guy myself. I would absolutely kill for a shot at Laguna Seca though. One of my favorite tracks all time.

T

tizzo

I especially loved when he pointed his index fingers.

But then again, he was wearing the alpinestars. I guess if anyrthing can make you look good, it's that.
Oh, nice leathers RFB!

m0nk

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/2669476
Yes I got the suit. Lucky wife snuck a pic. At the time I was annoyed with her doing it. Now its my only saving grace from you piranas.
Now glad she took it otherwise I would look like a lunatic knocking on the neighbors door in full gear asking them to take my picture.
Full set of gear. Had to hide the reciepts from the wife but I really am exited. Normally I wear out suits until they have been patched and disgraceful looking. I am just so cheap. Saftey is always important but you just never find a deal on a suit when your my size. Seems track riders are almost dwarves when you look at used gear.
Sharp suit, now how about the bike?

J

jrthomas40

nice suit that had to set you back about $600 or so...i know almost all the suits i have seen are like 4-600 and up to $1000....thats the only reason i dont do a track day here cuz by the time you get all the gear then your setup at the track, trailors...you can get up to a couple grand EASY!!!
oh and if i danced like that video i would wear a helmet too!!!