Newbie to aquarium sharks

tilldeathfilms

I been reading a lot and doing research on keeping a shark as a pet. I've been looking at coral cat shark or something similar In the smaller shark species. I have a 200g tank that I want to take the time and build up and make sure everything is ready and working properly before I house the shark. What are some ideas on skimmers, pumps and other equipment I need to get her going? Also what's a ball park monthly figure it would cost to maintain one of these guys after the tank and everything is set up? Just want to know what I'm getting into before I jump into it. I know there's water changing, filter changing, and all that on top of feeding. Thanks in advance for any information and advice

AW2X4

Is the tank drilled? Sump?What is your budget? Bead filters are great but expensive. You can make a DYI wet/dry cheap. Filter pads are cheap. You can use pillow batting or felt from a craft store. This can be rinsed and reused. Get the best skimmer possible. Monthly costs will be less then a reef. Less electric and no dosing. All you need pump wise is something to return water from the sump and move water through out the tank.

flower

LOL...I always forget to look at the dates, when folks pull something up from times past, I comment...and feel so dumb.