NEWBIE TO THE SALTWATER COMMUNITY!

HI, MY NAME IS ERNEST.
I AM NEW TO THE SALTWATER COMMUNITY BUT I HAVE 5+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE FOR FRESHWATER AQUARIUMS.
I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED THAT IT IS TIME TO GET A SALTWATER AQUARIUM! YAY
I AM GOING TO GET A NANO CUBE THATS 29 GALLONS.............. I WAS JUST WONDERING WAT KIND OF THINGS I COULD PUT IN THERE.
BTW............... IVE READ A LOT OF BOOKS AND FORUMS ABOUT SALTWATER FISH KEEPING.
THANKS AND I HOPE PEOPLE WILL HELP ME.

Welcome I'm fairly new here also. There are alot of helpful people here they have helped me alot. You could have corals and some smaller fish and inverts Good luck with your tank.

YES I AM TRYING TO PEOPLE SAY THAT A LOT.......... IM THINKING OF GETTING A 29 GALLON NANO CUBE WITH BUILT IN FILTER AND PROTEIN SKIMMER.... IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD ADD?

The picture I took at the New Port Aquarium. I only have a clarki clown and a star In there now. I am going to give that to my son. All my corals are in my other tank now. I have a anemone but not that one.

beaslbob

I recommend you start the tank with macro algaes (in a refugium) then do all the rest. On my tanks I don't use a skimmer or other filter nor do I do water changes. Just the macros to condition and maintain the tank.
my .02

wow still amazing how all those clowns can coexist in one anemone. were is the new port aquarium . is it close to chicago? thanks

oh i also heard that kentucky has the worlds largest freshwater aquarium. one day wen i am comming back from key west i am going to visit it.lols
seriously beaslbob? you dnt even have a filter~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt now that, i also wanted to ask wat a refugium is ......
thanks

beaslbob help me with me with my in tank refugium . Works great my nitrate are almost all gone now. Thanks beaslbob. I haven't saw a fresh water one there. But New Port has fresh water there.

yah i heard it was the biggest but anyways wat is a refugium and if i add these macro algaes i dnt need to use a protein skimer nor filter or make any watter changes?

so a refugium is a small aquarium were it only has live rock and i just run my water in there? would it work if i attached a hose to a power head and put the power head in the refugium and then i put the hose in my show aquarium , that way i dnt need to buy anything fancy....... if this works

flower

WELCOME...reading and checking things out first means you are ahead of the game. Lots of peole here who like to help..So do you want fish only or are you going for corals as well?
Baeslbobs set up is not the norm, I would go for the refugium, it is a very good ting to have. Still run a filter and skimmer until you really know what you are doing.
A refugium does run water from it to your main tank. It is just a quiet place for small things to grow and not be eaten by fish.

hey flower ive seen you a lot on these forums so im guessing you now a lot lols
im going for maybe 2 ocellaris clowns and maybe a goby .............or two if not a mated pair ...oh yah i wanted to ask if a blenny or gobby pair could go with a ocellaris pair and i also wanted to ask wat kind of sand i should use.... thanks

flower

Originally Posted by ernestpolska
http:///forum/post/3296895
hey flower ive seen you a lot on these forums so im guessing you now a lot lols
im going for maybe 2 ocellaris clowns and maybe a goby .............or two if not a mated pair ...oh yah i wanted to ask if a blenny or gobby pair could go with a ocellaris pair and i also wanted to ask wat kind of sand i should use.... thanks

I hang out in the new hobbyist section because I don't know allot..LOL
What little I do know, I try to share, I learn something new all the time on here. I don’t know about a PAIR of gobies, I can’t tell a girl from a boy fish. However a pair of clowns is what most people get. One will become the girl so that makes pairing up easy.
Oh and on sand, I like the live sand medium grade..everyone wants different stuff so look around and see what you want. Some add live with dead so it will seed and be cheaper.