niger trigger Q

blue steel

Could I buy a Niger trigger if I have a sailfin tang, damsel, cleaner shrimp, turbo snails, fighting conchs, and a few mushrooms.

gasguzzler

If the cleaner shrimp was introduced first, go ahead. As far as the conchs go Im not sure because Ive never kept them. The trigger is harmless to corals also.

pufferman

triggers are fairly reef-safe,bu they are very curious by nature.....he might take a bite out of your mushroom....i doubt he's going to do any serious damage......but your cleaner might be in danger when your trigger gets bigger...

pufferman

wait......you mean adding to 46?......then my answer would be no....you already have a sailfin tang...which is like the biggest species among zebrasoma tangs........you might want to take your tang out.......niger grows to 15" in the wild.....so they're going to need more space.....

oceanminded

I had a niger that ate my crabs and snails so be careful. Depends on the fish. I also have a picasso in my 190 gal that thinks he is king of the tank ( and they are suppossed to be one of the calmer species) so be cautious, you never know

conogre

A Niger will grow WAY TOO BIG for a 46 gal. tank.
The next time you're in an LFS look at the bigger triggerfish now being sold as "Vampire Triggers"....those are nigers that have grown up a little.
Mike