niger trigger

tap

I have been thinking about getting a niger trigger because I have heard they are on of the more docile triggers but can it be keep in a community tank with smaller fish such as percula clowns or green chromis the tank size is a 100long

The first fish I purchased for my 46bow included 4 2" damsels (three blue and one striped) and a 3" niger trigger. Well, the first day was fine, but the second day was a different story. The niger killed all three of the blue damsels and was chasing the stiped one around the tank. He could not catch the stripped damsel and after a week, they were co-existing with no problems.
In summary, from my experience, it is a crap-shoot. The niger is one of the most docile of the triggers but is still a predator. With fish of similar size and aggression, things will probably be fine, but the niger will grow to 3 or 4 times the size of those fish and if he can catch them, he will kill them.

guppie

They are one of the most docile triggers, and as was said before it is a crap shoot, if you can observe it with other fish before you buy it that may help, I was lucky mine is very docile. Good Luck

get the niger small and if you add it with smmaller fish make sure the fish are well established in the tank with LR. they look cool when they become adults