Nitrate/ph

amir

1)I just run a test on my ph and Nitrate and my ph is low so I addthe Pro.Buffer dkh From Kent ? I hope its ok?
2) then I run a test on the Nitrane ( Im using fasttest)and Iits read 100 I think its very bad what can I do bisaid water chages .
Thanx

jacksonpt

Water changes will be your best bet to get it back under control, but it got that high for a reason... perhaps you're overstocked and/or overfeeding?
Give us some info on your tank...
LS/LR?
filtration?
how long has your tank been setup?
stock?
tank size?
etc.

amir

Hi my tank is 95gl corner with 90 lb of live rock (hopfuly)for fish I have:1)Neso, yellow, 2 blue tang ,sailfine, 2 clowne ,skank ,demsel,rinbow
Filtererion wet/dry ,protin skimmer,UV ,ozonazer,baio
light 440vho

cwfish

Amir, I would say that your stocking level is the culprit for high nitrate levels. High nitrate is not quite as big of problem in a FOWLR tank than it is with a reef, but you still want it as low as possible. I would shoot for under 40 with 20 being pretty good for FO or FOWLR. I would say that your biggest problem is the Naso (not for bio-load, but rather overcrowding) Generally Nasos are kept in 120+ gal. You have quite a few tangs in there and tangs in particular like good water conditions. My recomendation would probably be to remove the naso and you would be fine with respect to Bio-load. You could get into a problem with the rest of the tangs, but thats your call.

broomer5

Especially if you've had this set-up for two years with the same fish.
Fish grow
Eat more
More waste
More nitrates