No cycle?

ap7x

Hmmm...it's been about 5 days since I setup my NanoCube with ~22 lbs of LR and 20 lbs of LS.
Today I just decided to check the ammonia, nitrite, and pH of the water.
Both ammonia and nitrite were basically at 0 (i say basically because my kit has a color range where the lowest for nitrite was < .3 mg/L. Ammonia is 0)
pH was between 7.7 and 8 (couldnt distinguish color that well).
Well, it was suggested by the LFS salesperson that I put in the LR and LS, wait about 3 weeks to cycle, test waters, and when its OK, its ready for the fish. But it seems the water didn't cycle?
Thing is, the LFS salesperson told me the LR he was giving me was from another tank they kept corals and such in. He was talking about how it was fully cured and full of life.
In fact, I did get a (what I am assuming) serpent starfish as well as a coral I have yet to identify on the LR. Then there are all those feather dusters and other signs of life as well
The LS is from a 20 lb bag of LS...I forget the brand right now. I think CariSea or something?
So basically I'm wondering if the LR was established enough from the other tank that a cycle wasn't needed and thus it's safe to put in fish now?

rbmount

Unless the lr was kept totally in water during transport, I'd still wait a few weeks. If it wasn't, there will still be some sort of die off that could start a bit of a cycle.