No fish -- but I like these message boards

sevenley

I probably need a life. Sorry no offense intended.
It's just that I've got a 42 gal tank (completely empty) sitting in my computer room. I moved it there from the LR to get it out of the way.
After offering the job to two electricians to put in a separate electrical outlet for the tank and still the job isn't done -- since I got the tank for Christmas. So, I guess I don't think about it that much anymore. But, I love to read about other people's tanks.
I thought I'd start a "progress of my tank" thread and show it month after month (still empty.) I could even paste pictures of fish on the glass. I could add them slowly so that i don't overload my tank. :yes:

molamola

Just remember when sticking pictures of fish in your tank, to take into account the weight of the paper, as it could significantly decrease/increase the amount of fish pictures per gallon you can have

jkvjl

Look at it this way. When you get your tank up and started you can get it cycled out the correct way. Take your time the results will be better.

dragonfli

you could do a cup a day. that would go good. but you would first have to choose between fresh or salt, CC or LS, fake coral or real, LR or not, damsels or angels,MH lighting or stock halogens, but if you did stock that would eliminate the possibility of having corals, so i guess you have enough to think about before getting started. but under no circumstance in three years when the crucial decision to use a UGF with CC comes along please dont do it, you will have to just remove it all a few months later and start almost brandnew and use only LS. but with the LS you might want to stay away from sand sifting stars because they will eat it, brittle stars are nice though and there are over 200 species to choose from but dont choose the "green one" he might eat your livestock. and speaking about your live stock dont start the cycle with damsels this is just inhumane. use a shrimp they have less feeling and shrimp matter less than fish because thats just how GOD made it!