No lunch or two lunches...

yearofthenick

I work at a church. A large church. With a kitchen. That people use to make large amounts of food.
It seems like every day I come to work without a lunch, there's nothing for me to eat in the church kitchen. It's a proverbial ghost town - no food anywhere.
But seriously, when I come to work WITH a lunch, there's someone cooking something in the kitchen and I'm invited to eat some of it. It's like there's some weird universal connection where I trigger a church kitchen frenzy whenever I decide to bring my lunch to work.
The worst part - the lunch I bring to work goes bad because I forget about it.
SO - Two questions for you, reader.
1. Is this all a coincidence? Or are we all intertwined in some cosmic soup called life? (oooohh deeep)
2. What does YOUR lunch situation look like?

snakeblitz33

I either take lunch to work if I'm trying to loose weight or eat with my boss and his wife (my parents) and while my mother cooks great food,... It's all fried, greasy, artery clogging food (which by the way caused my dad two heart attacks). When I pack my own lunch for a few months I loose 20lbs or so... Then I get a craving for her cooking' again and gain a few pounds back. So while I don't have a rant about eating or not eating, it's a decision I make to loose weight or gain weight.

darthtang aw

I work at a church.  A large church.  With a kitchen.  That people use to make large amounts of food.
It seems like every day I come to work without a lunch, there's nothing for me to eat in the church kitchen.  It's a proverbial ghost town - no food anywhere.
But seriously, when I come to work WITH a lunch, there's someone cooking something in the kitchen and I'm invited to eat some of it.  It's like there's some weird universal connection where I trigger a church kitchen frenzy whenever I decide to bring my lunch to work.
The worst part - the lunch I bring to work goes bad because I forget about it.
SO - Two questions for you, reader.
1. Is this all a coincidence?  Or are we all intertwined in some cosmic soup called life?  (oooohh deeep)
2.  What does YOUR lunch situation look like?
remain calm. I have called the authorities. You need psycological help.
darth (think we need a bigger probe) Tang

meowzer

I work at a church too.....they always cook food when I am not there

I do not eat lunch daily.....I eat it on Tuesday because I attend a lunch meeting....LOL....and you just never know when the mood may strike....good food is limited where I am :(

S

smartorl

When I was pregnant with Dalton, I crave food, lots of food...... I clearly remember going through the drive thrus at local places and order so much food I felt so guilty and would order two or three drink drinks so that they wouldn't know it was all for me.
Oddly, I only gained about 25 pounds but Dalton was a 10 pound baby.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///t/389349/no-lunch-or-two-lunches#post_3440730
When I was pregnant with Dalton, I crave food, lots of food...... I clearly remember going through the drive thrus at local places and order so much food I felt so guilty and would order two or three drink drinks so that they wouldn't know it was all for me.
Oddly, I only gained about 25 pounds but Dalton was a 10 pound baby.
BAHAHAHA....I ate continuously with all mine....and gained 20 lbs with each one
one time I went to Dunkin Donuts....bought a dozen donuts.....the drive home was 10 minutes.....By the time I got there I had 1 donut left......I was hungry 24/7...my kids were all early and little.....my last was 10 weeks early and 2.8 lbs