No more Clam Chowdah?!?!

patandlace

At this point 29 percent of fish and seafood species have collapsed -- that is, their catch has declined by 90 percent. It is a very clear trend, and it is accelerating," said the lead author of the study, Boris Worm of Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. "If the long-term trend continues, all fish and seafood species are projected to collapse within my lifetime -- by 2048."

Is this a superficial, doomsday prediction or are my days of fried clam eating numbered?

ryanhayes9

put in a pool and stock it with red emperor snappers, panther groupers, MAQNY cleaner clams, some peppermint shrimp etc. FOOD! lol

alyssia

Originally Posted by patandlace
At this point 29 percent of fish and seafood species have collapsed -- that is, their catch has declined by 90 percent. It is a very clear trend, and it is accelerating," said the lead author of the study, Boris Worm of Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. "If the long-term trend continues, all fish and seafood species are projected to collapse within my lifetime -- by 2048."

Is this a superficial, doomsday prediction or are my days of fried clam eating numbered?

I read about that too, and am wondering the same thing.

patandlace

I plan on eating as much as I can between now and 2048. Although if everyone takes that approach it will probably collapse by 2029.