No NHL!!!

tome

Sorry just very upset right now hockey is the only sport i play and i love the game so im sad thats the season is canceled.

jkvjl

You must have seen it coming. Low TV ratings poor fan base but the players still want the big bucks. Had to end sometime.

moraym

Go see some college games, esp club teams, $6 for seats right on the glass. Heart, passion, and good hockey, without stingy owners and millionaires on skates.

jkvjl

I go watch the Providence Bruins. Tickets are dirt cheap. Hockey is great same with Baseball I go to the Pawtucket Red Sox and the games are cheap.

tome

alright cool now i gotta look for a team in NJ but i do have high school games which are cool.

moraym

Originally posted by Tome
alright I'll look at the college game sounds like a very good alternative.

Really fun to watch two club teams play it out. No egos, no scholarships, no recruiting scandals, just all there for the love of the game.
And try to get closer than this for $6 at a Devils game:

iwantacans

well t- i am in agreement with you... im from "the state of hockey" and college just doesnt get er done... i need to see fistcuffs and schweeet net mindin.... ahhh well maybe next year... i do wanna say one thing then i will get off my soap box...
its the players fault!
k there done

bang guy

I feel really bad for the restaurants and vendors that get a large part of their income from the Hockey crowds. I wish the NHL would get some Scab games going. Just bypass all the players that are holding out. I'm not a huge hockey fan but I'd definately make it a point to go see some scab games, I think it would be a blast!

pwnag3!!

my parents have been season ticket holders for years now....
and i hate to see an awesome sport just go down the drain... it just sucks to see people demand more and more for something that they love to do... i would play pro hockey for 50k a year!!!
as long as i get to do what i love it doesnt matter.

tome

Does gary Bettman even LIKE hockey?
Fishy im sure he does. I mean i hate for there to be no stanley cup. But this is not Bettmans fault. He can't go offer salery caps to the players that the owners might not even be able to pay. I mean he maxed out the owners cash at 47M. Its a great sport but doesn't make the most money ever so the owners have less to spend on players.

badasstang

Hockey is the ONLY sport I can religiously watch. All the other sports I could tell you maybe 3 players from one team. Now hockey, I know about it all.
I have always said that sports players are rediculously paid, think about it...hockey players from age 5-18 they are paying thousands of dollars to play, because they love it. Other sports you do not put as much money in to, but you are still PAYING TO PAY, and not being paid to play. When they start making money, they want more, but so does everyone.
However, this is not only the players fault. The league wanted to put a cap on the salary, this is not something that the NHLPA is used to, and hockey has just been catching on, and players have begun making more money because of this. This cap would mean that in a couple years they would be getting screwed, as the league would be making more money because of a larger fan crowd, and its the players that bring in the crowds. I am not saying they are worth the extra money, but it is kind of like giving your boss more money, as he does less...doesn't hardly sound fair.
I still do think that Back-up goalies are the best players on the ice. When Dominque Hasek played for the Wings, before his retirement, he was getting paid $8 millions a year, Manny Legace $500,000. The back-up goalies are the least paid on most teams, but play the best, many times better than the egostistical starting goaltenders.
The only way that the NHL will be back again (with current players) is if the League takes away the Cap, or they go to the $52 million that the Union said would be their bottom line. 52 million isnt that much considering a team at any given day has 4 lines=12 players, 3 defensive lines=6 players, and 2 goaltenders. Right there is 20 players dressed and ready to play. Plus you have the scratched, injured, and minor league players. So 25-30 players are on contract. If it is averaged out, each player would get $2 million a year. And don't say that NHL players are greedy because how much does Derek Jeter and AROD make? Together they make $250 million dollars over 10 years, if a NHL team could do that, they have only $27 million left to spend on the other 23 - 28 players.
Sorry, finally an audience to listen to what I have to say (I think)

tome

Hockey is the ONLY sport I can religiously watch. All the other sports I could tell you maybe 3 players from one team. Now hockey, I know about it all.
Join the club, were getting jackets lol. Anyway i have to agree with you about what you said about the cap back-up goalies. I do think the cap is unfair. Aslo i am one of the people who pay to play hockey. Also they do need to boost it up to at least 52 mill. But im still not sure when this will be over