no puffer with any inverts

andyaz

Learned this the hard way a year ago. Got a porcupine puffer to join "Nemo" and "Dory", and within 2 days he had eaten my entire cleaning crew. Was adopted off to another loving family after than...

midas

I always do some research on an animal before I buy it. Saved a lot of money and saved a lot of fishy lives that way. :)

prime311

Anemone's are not inverts. I've not seen any personal accounts of Puffers eating Anemone's, but thats not to say it wouldnt happen.

b00st3d

My puffer only eats the small snails, there are 4 shrimp in the tank with him and he hasn't gone after any of them, YET. ;)

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2637112
Anemone's are not inverts. I've not seen any personal accounts of Puffers eating Anemone's, but thats not to say it wouldnt happen.
How do you figure that anemones are not considered invertebrates?

salt210

I want to get an anemone after I upgrade to halides but want to know if I should be worried with my stars and stripes puffer. not trying to highjack your thread man

N

nemo_66

i kept a valentini (sp) with some hermits and snails. the snails were massive though, but the hermits were small. but i guess the huma huma got to them first. lol.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by Nemo_66
http:///forum/post/2641365
i kept a valentini (sp) with some hermits and snails. the snails were massive though, but the hermits were small. but i guess the huma huma got to them first. lol.
Canthigaster (toby) puffers can often be kept with inverts. I had a valentini with fireshrimp, hermits and snails. When I rubberbanded algae sheets the hermits and puffer would eat from it at the same time. he was small though. Probably couldn't successfully eat them if he wanted to. ate vermetid (tube) snails all day (which was good because I had too many).

psu

My valentini doesn't bother anything in the tank except some snails whenever they fall off something and land upside down.

fats71

My puffer is on 6 months and never touches anything otherr than the foood I feed it. Try feeding it alittle more so as it does not look at the inverts as dinner.