Non-Aggression pact with the moon

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Too early in the am for me. But, hope NASA does detect water on the moon. That will go a long way in advancing our exploration of space.

crypt keeper

we will all be dead by that time frame. why are we bombing the moon? why cant people just be happy and leave stuff be

uneverno

Can't be up that early Pacific time.
Other thing is, those planning on watching are using +36" telescopes, and mine's only 6". With the moon 75% of full, viewing will be difficult. (Contrary to popular belief, full or close to full moon is about the worst time to look at it. W/o appropriate filters - even under slight magnification - it's just too bright to look at for more than a few seconds at a time and without tracking motorization and an accurately alignable tripod, it moves too fast in relation to the earth's movement to keep in view for long enough.)
It takes a minimum of a 12" reflecting (Newtonian scopes) to pick up color w/ the nekkid eye. (Refractors or Cassegraine scopes, I don't know.) Then it has to be remembered that if you're running a Reflector that the image is upside down. If you have an accurate (azimuth/right ascention) set up on a small scope combined with a really good digital camera directly hooked to your computer, however, the images should be phenomenal.

fishtaco

It smells like a weapons test to me........thinking Hammer of the Gods type of thing.
Fishtaco

reefraff

What good would us hitting the moon with a rocket be as a weapons test? We already did it 4 decades ago. Common sense anyone

fishtaco

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3151222
What good would us hitting the moon with a rocket be as a weapons test? We already did it 4 decades ago. Common sense anyone

I was half joking about that........

Fishtaco

be2lose

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3152856
Just like Woodstock, I mean do you know anyone that was actually there? Couldn't have happened

You don't know anyone who was there because they don't remember they were there. LOL