non-moving snails

gesswhosbak

FOr about 2 weeks now my snails have moved about 3 inches. They just sit on the glass in the same spot. My params are..
SG-1.023
PH-8.2
AM-.50!!!
NI-0
NA-0
Would the amonia cause them to act this way or could it be something i am not testing for? THanks everyone.
-Gess

gesswhosbak

i may be overfeeding, right now i have one green chromis and i am feeding it about a fourth of a cube of formula one a day. feed him half of the fourth in the morning and the other half in the evening, i will hold off on feeding him for a little while then, cut down on it once levels get back to normal.

lil_perc

How big is your tank gess? if its not to big you could use some Ammonia Clear tablets. there made by Jungle and they neutralize ammonia. My ammonia is undetecable and my snails execpt for my turbo he never stops

gesswhosbak

I have a 29 gallon, sorry i guess i should put that in my signature. Do amonia clearing products help, I mean i know they will get out the am, but shouldnt you just let your tank catch up to the load? Not sure if this philosophy goes with overfeeding. THanks again,
-Gess

gesswhosbak

I see, what about AmQuel(sp??) or amonia lock. I never have added any of these, just seeing if there are benefits or just let bacteria get rid of it.