Noob needs a ID Please

ford81502

can i leave the big one and kill off any little ones why are they called glass and live on a rock.... Doesnt lemon juice in a blaster kill them

reefreak29

kill them all with boiling water ,boil some rodi water in a glass pyrex dish suck it up with the turkey baster and put it directly over the aptasia,

ford81502

Would it be a bad idea to leave it I think its kinda cool looking.... Will it harm any them???? Will it die on its own??? sorry about all the ???? i am trying to learn then help others thanks

jimmy 4

Get a syringe and inject him with any additive like calcium. Or make a paste with kawalser mix and put it over him. Or grind him to death with a poking device.
DO NOT LET IT LIVE

reefforbrains

If you like it then no, theres no actual harm in keeping it. They do however spread quickly and are considered a nuisance because they sting and can harm other corals that you will surley add later to your tank. It is easier to get rid of them at first notice of them rather than have tank covered with them and having to fight with them constantly.
Hard thing to do for a newbie to kill the first thing growing in your tank, but it really is best practice to rid the tank of them so they dont take over.

ford81502

i have other coral in my tank its growing on the side of a rock nothing is close to it but i might kill it for fun

mie

I heard that if u pull them off or grind them they will spread even worse is this true

arkreefer

Originally Posted by reefreak29
kill it before u know it you will have a hundred of them
Thats is sooooo true. One will turn into many right infront of your eyes. I don't know how they spread so fast