Nori

ledzep fan

Hey, i just bought some nori today and my fish love it!! They went insane for this stuff!! I have a question though, I bought them the roasted/dried nori. Is their a difference between other types? Because i saw many different types of nori at the store.

ledzep fan

It is a type of seawood that fish love and is very good for them. You can pick it up at any asian market or chinese section in a grocery store. I bought around 20 sheets for about $2!!! Nori is the stuff that goes around sushi rolls.

dogstar

As long as it does not have any additives, preservatives, seasonings, ect...should be fine...

Originally Posted by LedZep fan
It is a type of seawood that fish love and is very good for them. You can pick it up at any asian market or chinese section in a grocery store. I bought around 20 sheets for about $2!!! Nori is the stuff that goes around sushi rolls.
I went the store and bought some... i don't get it my fish wouldn't touch it! All my other fish eat Brine, Mysis and flake. But my Kole tang that I've had for about a week or so won't eat any of it. But he is eating all of the alge off my rocks. That's why i wanted to try Nori. Oh Well maybe I'll find something else that he likes...Thanks for the help

ledzep fan

Try soaking the nori in garlic, it may entice it to eat. You can also buy some sea veggies by Julian Sprung

anonome

Originally Posted by LedZep fan
Hey, i just bought some nori today and my fish love it!! They went insane for this stuff!! I have a question though, I bought them the roasted/dried nori. Is their a difference between other types? Because i saw many different types of nori at the store.
That's great LedZep! My tangs devour the stuff. I am posting a picture of what I buy for those that aren't sure what to get. I can get 100 sheets for $5.99...can't beat that price!!