Nori

srfisher17

I haven't bought any sushi wrappers from a restaurant in quite a while; I really live in the boonies.. I've been using the dried stuff packaged for fish. Has anyone been able to tell if other fish (other than the herbivores we buy it for) leave the sushi wrappers alone? Most my fish will scarf the packaged stuff, and I'm guessing it may be because of the added garlic. My wrasse, puffers, even a butterfly love it and my H. Tusks can easily eat an entire sheet. The only herbivore that gets his share is my Sohal---no surprise.

mie

My xmas wrasse, green chromis, and blue devil damsel eat my seaweed. It is not nori it is the kind you get at the grocery store.

stanlalee

my sixline is the first one over when I clip nori. my clown picks it too. my lawnmower blenny is the only reason I clip any and it eats it. My royal gramma is the only fish that completely ignores it.

R

rcreations

All my fish eat the nori sheets, though some more than others. But they all nip at it.

aquaknight

My Fish that eat Nori:
Spotted Burrfish
Blueface Angel
Rock Beauty Angel
Blue Spotted Puffer
Lunare Wrasse
Lei Trigger
Naso Tang
Yellowtail Pygmy Angel
Yellow Tang
Leopard Wrasse
Blue/Green Chromis
Southern Puffer
My Fish that do not:

Japanese Golden Hawkfish
Pixy Hawkfish
Yellowtail Damsel (as far as I can tell)
Male Lyretail Anthias
Female Lyretail Anthais
Chalk Basslet (x2)
Female Percula Clownfish
Male Occelaris Clownfish
My intent is for the Angels and Tangs to get Nori. My Burrfish has to get a ton, almost 2 sheets a day to allow the Angels time to get some. He can shallow a whole sheet at once. It's impressive...

florida joe

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3175780
Fish that eat Nori
:
Spotted Burrfish
Blueface Angel
Rock Beauty Angel
Blue Spotted Puffer
Lunare Wrasse
Lei Trigger
Naso Tang
Yellowtail Pygmy Angel
Yellow Tang
Leopard Wrasse
Blue/Green Chromis
Southern Puffer
Fish that do not:

Japanese Golden Hawkfish
Pixy Hawkfish
Yellowtail Damsel (as far as I can tell)
Male Lyretail Anthias
Female Lyretail Anthais
Chalk Basslet (x2)
Female Percula Clownfish
Male Occelaris Clownfish
My intent is for the Angels and Tangs to get Nori. My Burrfish has to get a ton, almost 2 sheets a day to allow the Angels time to get some. He can shallow a whole sheet at once. It's impressive...
wow now that is why i love this site
i would add Koles , sixline, hippos and orchard dotty's

aquaknight

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3175786
wow now that is why i love this site
i would add Koles , sixline, hippos and orchard dotty's

Originally Posted by Stanlalee

http:///forum/post/3175808
I think thats HIS fish list that does and doesn't eat it not all fish he believes does and doesn't eat it.
LOL, I guess it's just not a week we mesh well Joe, huh?

Stanlalee has it correct, those are just my
fish that I have currently. I didn't want to double the list, so I didn't include fish I've kept that have died, as well.
I think that's what SRFisher is later, all of our fish that either eat Nori or don't. I'm sure you've had more the Kole's, sixlines, Hippo's, and dottybacks? You have/had an Angler that probably doesn't eat Nori.

florida joe

http:///forum/post/3175808
I think thats HIS fish list that does and doesn't eat it not all fish he believes does and doesn't eat it.
perhaps you need to read my post again. number 6 It states fish that eat nori not HIS fish I was just adding to a list that does. do you have a problem with that

stanlalee

so you quoted his post and not the others why? LOL at E thuggin....no I dont have a problem with that but it LOOKED that way to me. if I PERCEIVED that wrong so be it, wont be the first time.

florida joe

http:///forum/post/3176023
so you quoted his post and not the others why? LOL at E thuggin....no I dont have a problem with that but it LOOKED that way to me. if I PERCEIVED that wrong so be it, wont be the first time.
I am not really sure how you PERCEIVED it or how it LOOKED to you. I was only thanking him for posting fish that he knew for a fact did or did not eat nori. To that list I added fish that I in fact know eat nori. Did you PERCEIVE that I was chastising him for an incomplete list ?

stanlalee

no I just thought you thought it was his list of random fish that would and wouldn't eat nori and you were adding to the list. I didn't realize you realized it was his fish list by your comments. I really didn't mean anything other than clarification but appearently clarification wasn't needed ( I'll just mind my business next time).

florida joe

( I'll just mind my business next time).
a better idea is that you just remain you. I for one think we are all better hobbyists for it

srfisher17

.......and I just wondered if the added garlic in lfs brands of nori attracted more fish than the natural kind, but its been a great conversation. I can't find nori here in the boonies;so I ordered a bunch of the stuff from some online oriental foods place, 10% the price of the stuff I ordered with my fish supplies a while ago. (Our largest grocery store's "International Foods" section has Chef Boyardee Ravioli, Ramen noodles, and canned sauerkraut--but this is still a great area to live.)

small triggers

LOL wel i use regular asian seaweed sheets, and do not add garlic and my triggers LOVE IT,, it takes about 2 hours before my tang can even get anywhere near it when i put 2 different sets in (i rubberband about 3 sheets to a rock and drop them in)

creamhorses

I use nori in my *secret frozen 'formula'. The funny part of my nori story is the brief encounter @ the sushi counter, where I try to 'splain to the supermarket fellow who does not speak much English that I want the nori sheets for my salt water feesh. He muddles some bla la, and points a lot.....I use finger...and 'AH ha" when the right looking item is in his hand.
Some might find this altercation entertaining....I just want my F*g' nori.
* btw....my secret fish formula is so secret, I don't know what it is...but ALL my fish, 'cept the snowflake eel named Earl love it. Please try to remember his name....I refer to him often in my SW posts.
Dave
ps new to this list, but not to SW. Old school values, and weary of current gov. :^))