Normal Fluorescent Bulbs

acrylic300

Im looking for a good all around bulb to fill in the shadows at the edges of my tank
Has anyone tried GE Saltwater Blues?
I know 50/50s are a favorite but I have a couple of Marine Glo bulbs that supply enough blue--now I need something with a little more lumin power for the other four bulbs.
This is for half of an 8 ft. tank the other half is moderatly lit (300w) with soft corals.

T

thomas712

300 gallon ! Wow... Personally I'd go with the favorate the 50/50, however have you considered just revamping the entire lighting system for 4 MH bulbs and suppliment with some of the bulbs you have now?
Thomas

acrylic300

yeah I wish, I know the usable light would be about x20 greater watt for watt. Im looking for some deals in MH area.
I have GSP, Xenia, Rhicordio, Polyps, and Mushrooms. Everything is casually getting bigger. But the tank gets 3 hrs. of natural sunlight.
The 130 watt pc lights hurt my eyes I cant imagine 1200 watts of MH
Thx, I'll probably go with the 50/50s or the GE 9325k (just read they have 1400 lums)
Im not sure how many lumins 50/50 put out?

bang guy

Originally Posted by acrylic300
Thx, I'll probably go with the 50/50s or the GE 9325k (just read they have 1400 lums)
Im not sure how many lumins 50/50 put out?
I wouldn't worry too much about Lumens. A 50/50 bulb will have a LOT less lumens, perhaps a third less but it will put out about the same amount of light.
I'm a fan of the URI ActinicWhite.