Northern VA or DC swaps?

D

dholmblad

Im looking for northern Va or DC swaps.
I have a few frags of Zoos, many shrooms.

sleeper

Hey, have you heard of WAMAS?
I just found out about them... they have constant streams of frags, most (all?) of them aquacaultured...

Y

yetti

I'm new to the forum....I'm in Northern Virginia, and I haven't heard of it....
BTW....Where is the best LFS around here?

sleeper

The major stores in your area are Wally's and Superpetz, about 1 mile from each other on Little River Turnpike.
They're both pretty decent.
Up in Twinbrook, MD is congressional.
As three have their ups and downs, but mostly it's a matter of shopping around. None are awful although there are some workers at each that blow goat.

Y

yetti

Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I stopped by Superpetz today. I was not impressed by their Saltwater selection. A LFS near me in Winchester, VA has a better selection (and a bit healthier too I might add).
Will check out the other ones.
Ever heard of Marine Scene in Herdon?
I just got my first two corals a month ago, but do you know of any good trading going on around here?

T

t3d

roozens in ft washington, md has the biggest selection IMO...

D

dholmblad

If your in norva area, there is a good LFS in vienna I am not sure of the name Ill post it later.
But do not go to MArine Scene, I have had only bad experiences with them and the owners are all a holes.

jenn-e

Yetti
I am about an hour from you. There is a decent lfs in Charlottesville. That might be a longer drive for you. I think the one in vienna is called Vienna Aquarium.

kjord97

Also check out www.smmas.org we are located in southern maryland, that is our club. Also i see you mentioned roozens. trick is there to look like a dirty person, he bases all of his pries on how you look. you go in there all fancy and dressed up flashing cash he will charge you high prices, go in there in cut jeans and torn t shirt and you will walk away with a steal. his corals are nice and i have had no problems with them. Now his fish on the other hand, do not touch. I have never had a fish of his live longer than a month, found out he treats his fish with copper. I know shop for fish at other stores with greater success.

D

dholmblad

The lfs in vienna is horible, went there today there was atleast one dead fish in each tank, they had no corals, and they overcharged for alot of stuff.