Not Fragging But Slicing A Ric Off A Flat Rock?

metweezer

I have 2 rics that are attached to a flat rocks. That is the way I purchased them. I would like to attach them to one of my LR's instead. Will I harm it if I try to put a blade between the bottom of the ric and the flat rock and slice it away from the flat rock? The flat rock that it is attached to is heavy. The rock is flat on both sides and IMO it is too heavy to glue to the side of one of my LR's. Here are some pics.

morval

you can try to peel the foot off by slowly agitating it around the edges with ur fingernail, just take it slow and try not to rip it off. it will eventually let go and u can then put it in a container with some LR rubble and netting over top so it does not blow away till it attaches and glue it anywhere you want

harlikwin

I wouldn't try to pry it loose, if you agitate the ric so that it draws up the edges and then make a good clean slice with a sharp razor through the root attached to the rock, then allow the pieces to heal. The free piece you can mount where you want and the piece left on the rock will grow a new head an become a new ric.

debbie

Very nice, I am getting a Yuma one tomorrow. A bit confused, why is the Yuma more expensive than the Florida ones??
Also which has the better color Yuma or Florida??

flricordia

If it were mine I would take a chisel and take some of the rock off that the ric is attatched to and glue it somewhere else. You can cut it, but you are looking at trying to reattatch it after it heals which could take a month or longer. I use an old Gerber stainless steel knife and whittle the rock off right under the ric if I am removing them. This way the ric is not damaged and can be reattatched with some super glue elsewhere. If the rock is too hard to do this, if you are careful you can take a hammer and chisel and carefully take a sliver of rock off that it is attatched to. It is OK to remove the ric from the water. Take your time. 5 minutes out of the water will not harm it. Just drip a little tank water on it every-so-often. Luck.

metweezer

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/2670819
Very nice, I am getting a Yuma one tomorrow. A bit confused, why is the Yuma more expensive than the Florida ones??

Debbie,
I don't know about color but I believe there are more polyps around the mouth of the yumas.

flricordia

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/2670819

Yumas cost more because they are not as plentiful nor hardy as florida and the second question is a question best answered with 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.