Not Happy with Anemone Location

sac10918

So my anemone moved (over the last 2 days) from front and center to the back corner, right below my maxijet intake. Thank goodness that I have prefilters on there or this would have been a catastrophe! I have a feeling it was trying to move towards the lights, but somehow missed its target. Is there any non-intrussive way to coax it out of the corner? Point a powerhead at it? Move it myself? Let it be?
There is a nice flat area on top of my live rock that would be an ideal place for it, although there really isnt a spot for it to attach its foot since it is a flat area. Would it be unhappy there since there is no place to attach its foot?
Thanks for any input!

R

rcreations

I've heard people coax an anemone to move by pointing a powerhead at its foot. It won't like that and try to move on its own.

K

krichardson

Originally Posted by RCreations
http:///forum/post/2489675
I've heard people coax an anemone to move by pointing a powerhead at its foot. It won't like that and try to move on its own.
definatley try that first

sac10918

Bang~
Its a GBTA. Here is a pic of it before the move...

In the second picture, you can see the area that it moved to. It moved from the cave in the center to the back right corner, which is fine if I didnt want to ever look at it!
So it sounds like Ice Cube/Power head are the way to go...

E

emeralcrab

I would just wait and see what it does. When I got my little bleached out sebae anemone 2 years ago, I placed it where I wanted it, I was so excited it stayed there for about a week, then one day started to move. I had to laugh tho, because it moved around the back side of the rock I had placed it on, and lo and behold it moved right back to where I had placed it. It has been living there happily for 2 years now. I think it just wanted to a choice as to where it wanted to be. Now it is brown and hugh, very healthy and happily hosting a black clown. (30g cube)
I recently got a green bubble tip anemone that had attached itself to a big piece of LR, so I bought the rock and her. She has been in my QT tank for over a week, last night she decided to go wondering, up the rock she went, I moved corals and etc. out of its way. Got up this morning and it was back where she had been. They are so funny. I just hope it stays on this rock when I place it in my 150g.
Good luck with yours. I think people get in to big a hurry with their new anemone's.

bang guy

Originally Posted by sac10918
http:///forum/post/2490646
Bang~
Its a GBTA.

BTA is an excellent choice by the way. These Anemone do not like having their foot exposed and a lot of hobbiests try to force them to do that. Forcing them into a particulat spot will stress them and they will waste energy moving around. The typical BTA will attach to the bottom of a rock and reach around the rock to get to the light and water current.

sac10918

I think I will just let it be, at least for now. I am hoping that it will do exactly what bang said, and stretch upward to where I am hoping it will be.

E

emeralcrab

Here is a picture of my new bubble tip. Will be putting it in 150g under MH and T-5 lighting when I get back from our vacation to HOT Texas.
Its alot prettier then the picture shows, even with out flash the light is to bright.

sac10918

Very pretty, EmeralCrab. I wish mine still had bubbled tips. Its tips have become very elongated lately, almost more like an LTA than a BTA!