not sure if it is aZOANTHID or a aiptasia pls help lol

scooterblennie

you know thats the closest pic that i have seen love pics in my book they say alot
dose any 1 have a pic of something that is close to what i have in my tank in there own
if so can you post it
this this has been catching small mysis may be a pest kind of like it though

florida joe

Just as a point of info this palythoa is what resembles what the op posted it will grow quickly does not need to cluster and is rather large it can be invasive and needs to be dealt with if it gets out of hand but what is in my tank is not manjano

reefdrmr

Definitely manjano anemone very invasive and very very hard to get rid of.
Worse than aiptasia
repeated applications of Aiptasia x will get rid of them but they spread VERY rapidly

spanko

If this is what we are talking about...........................

Looks like a rock flower anemone, Epicystis crucifer, to me. Where did your rock come from? Aiptasia tend to have longer tentacles and they intrude into the oral disk.
Here is a description...
"
The Rock Flower Anemone, also known as the Rock Anemone, is a member of the Phymanthidae
family. Originating from the Caribbean, these anemones are found in a wide array of colors, with the oral disc often being a different color than the rest of the anemone. The oral disc lacks tentacles, and the tentacles are often beaded in appearance."
And here are some picutres of others.
http://www.google.com/search?q=rock+flower+anemone&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&rlz=1I7ADBR_en&prmd=ivnsfd&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=ye9QTsf9FsaSgQfP1ZDfBg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=562

scooterblennie

that may be what it is it closer to that than the others it has closeed up for 3 days now not sure what its doing .Is tha a peast or not
and this this is small to bout as big as a eraser
thanks so much for all the info
i have just let it grow for now to see whats it going to do
so keep it coming guys luv the info
will put some more pics up soon today sometime lol

spanko

Not a pest but a fairly aggressive anemone. I would leave it be for a while and see what develops.
But that's just me!

willie

I have a couple that look just like that. That is a majano anemone and the 2 that I had on thursday are more like 4 or 5 today, this weekend they are getting eradicated, you should do the same or you will have several new ones before you know it.