NOTE: File size

nm reef

Due to limitations on file size please refrain from posting photos larger than 500x500 pixels. If you must post photos larger then consider linking them instead of attaching them here. Many times excessive sized photos alter the viewing area and can become distracting to members. Keep in mind that there was a time when attachments were limited to only those via the "manage attachments" feature and at that time the size allowed was smaller than the current 500x500 pixels. Moderators here lobbied for increased size limitations as well as for the ability to remote link photos. I'd sure hate to see a return to more restrictive limitations.

lionfish1

I think what he is saying is nothing so big you have to scroll over the window to see the whole thing and read the posts.

mag395

scrolling depends on the viewing computer's resolution. My resolution is 1680 x 1050 so I wouldn't have to scroll for a picture that is about 1500 x 1000.

fedukeford

so you guys will be deleting some good pictures because some people are too lazy to scroll over on their computer?

mag395

im sure that's not the problem. It's probably a question of bandwidth. That's why I asked my original question:
Is less bandwidth taken up if I host the pictures on my personal website?