NOVA Extreme??

manycolors

I am wondering what everyones opinion is on Nova Extremes? I was looking at doing PC's but this set of light seems to be cheaper and i heard you can put things like anemonies under these lights? but, the PC's have actinics, does that make a huge difference?

al mc

If you want to keep anenomes you will be best with T5 lighting with individual reflectors or metal halides. If you go with T5 like the nova extreme they do not have individual reflectors as I recall...you will need to have high light demanding inverts..clams, anenomes, 'stoney' corals up high in the tank closer to the light source. Anenomes tend to move..so I would go with the
individual reflectos on a set of t5 that has both 10,000 K lighting and actinics.

ibew

Originally Posted by Al Mc
If you want to keep anenomes you will be best with T5 lighting with individual reflectors or metal halides. If you go with T5 like the nova extreme they do not have individual reflectors as I recall...you will need to have high light demanding inverts..clams, anenomes, 'stoney' corals up high in the tank closer to the light source. Anenomes tend to move..so I would go with the
individual reflectos on a set of t5 that has both 10,000 K lighting and actinics.
yes they do have individual reflectors now in the extreme pro but depending what size tank you have will have an effect wether you need the pro or not

al mc

ibew....Thanks for the info on the pros..was not positive which of their many models came with individual reflectors

drea

nova extreme is amazing, i have the regular 39x4 right now with stony corals shrooms, zoos in a 70 tall, all my corals are super bright, def go for it, i will upgrade to the pro soon for more lighting though..