Nova Sundials 30" 1 Month Old

perfectdark

Ok although I love them I am parting with them. I originally bought them for my 36 gal bow tank but by my calculations the tank is going to be a bit too deep for them. And there are no other T5 fixtures offering more bulbs in a 30" set.
These are perfect for a 29gal tank, and I believe even a 20gal long is 30" too.
DETAILS:
Nova Sundials 30" set, includes mounting legs and rubber inserts (for in canopy's). This set was purchased at Christmas time but was never used, I just reciently put them on my cube tank, so they have been used about a month and a half. The fan is very quiet, and I have 2 additional bulbs too. Both 10k daylights, so total bulbs are 4, 10k daylights and 2- 460nm actinic blue, all 24 watts.
This is selling for anywhere from $199.00 to $239.00
I am willing to part with them for $200.00 and I will throw in the bulbs for nothing. Depending on location shipping is negotiable, and possibly free. FYI the bulbs are about $18.00 a piece.
I would be willing to trade for a 20" sunpod 150W MH light, or a 30" Sunpod MH Light.
FWIW I still have the original box and packaging...
Pics.

mosalt

I'm thinking you recommended this light for my 36 gallon tank. Why isn't it good enough for your tank?

perfectdark

Because my tank is deeper than yours. Wattage is only part of the equation when considering light fot a tank. My tank is 22" deep and with the set elevated off the top it will exceed 24" by almost 3". If my tank were 18" deep I would of stuck with these lights.
I saw the catalina sets, I dont know anything about them, so I was a bit skeptical about that. And the 6 light set still wouldnt increase the intensity I wanted to reach the depth of my tank. I bought the 150 MH Sunpod fixture.

mosalt

I also have a bow front 36 gallon. I too think the sunpod looks like the way to go without buying steps in the middle. thanks

mosalt

Hey! did you get your 30" metal halide? I'm being told it's too wide for my 36 gal bow front. if so how does it look?

perfectdark

No But I have the 20" set and the 30 is identicle except for the length. But the website says they are 8.25" wide which is what the 20" set measures. And they would fit on the 36 bow. The straight sides of the tank are 12" that leaves 3.75" for any HOB items you have on the tank.

Not sure why you were told that.