Nudi? Good or bad? (blurry pic...)

fishygurl

well i had to take it with my cell. And it didnt turn out too well. but here it is. If no one can say if its good or bad i will try and get a better pic if i can find it again..
Its the brown thing.

mwxie

My guess is that its a Zoanthid Nudibranch. Does it look like this:

If it looks like that it's bad.

fishygurl

the things coming out of it look more like branches than leaves..
go to google images and type in "this is a rare nudibranch" and it looks kinda like the first one.

cranberry

Remove it while you still see it. Tomorrowe someone may tell you it's bad and you'll never be able to find it. Most nudi hitchhikers are not beneficial/benign... but they ride in on the food they eat... your coral. I'll go get a pic of a couple of mine.

cranberry

Okay, I can only find one pic right now... this is the orange one. I have had others that are pretty much white and also brown like I see yours is, but they all have "frilly" appendages.
So the appendages look similar?

Look up Marionia spp,

fishygurl

heres another pic. And the pic cranberry put looks pretty close to it but a just a tad different and the color is a little different.

cranberry

Anything that looks remotely like mine... get rid of it. They are pretty much all predatory. The freezer is the kindest way. But I would not leave that in my tank.

cranberry

I don't expect you to keep it, but there is no more energy involved in putting him in the freezer.... actually, it's less energy and resources. So to go out of your way to try to inflict suffering on something is just inhumane behaviour.

mwxie

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2756711
I don't expect you to keep it, but there is no more energy involved in putting him in the freezer.... actually, it's less energy and resources. So to go out of your way to try to inflict suffering on something is just inhumane behaviour.
It dies faster and less painless imo if you just salt it... It takes time for it to die in the freezer. But, who cares i don't want to get into a huge argument about how to dispose a sea slug.