Nudibranch Black

flricordia

I used to have one in an old 65gl some years back. It grew fast. I saw one at the LRS now long ago crawling up the side of a frag tank and mentioned it to the owner, who dispatched it right away. He said they can become leather eaters. I had always heard they ate sponge.
I did recall though that we had a large leather in our tank that had slowly withered away, the reason unknown. Maybe it was coincedence, I don't know, but if you have any leathers, keep a watch out.

Originally Posted by Flricordia
I used to have one in an old 65gl some years back. It grew fast. I saw one at the LRS now long ago crawling up the side of a frag tank and mentioned it to the owner, who dispatched it right away. He said they can become leather eaters. I had always heard they ate sponge.
I did recall though that we had a large leather in our tank that had slowly withered away, the reason unknown. Maybe it was coincedence, I don't know, but if you have any leathers, keep a watch out.
thanks, this guy is a pig, it eats what ever i put in there.

elitephoto

Its a Scutus. Some say they will eat sponges and other soft corals. Yet a lot of people will disagree. I personally disagree since I have had one in my tank for about 2 years now....a tank FULL of mixed corals and I have never seen one issue with him. He seems to only graze on algae. mine has doubled in size in the past year. Cool lil slug BUT they do not sell them here on SWF.com