obama speach

deejeff442

yep 10 minutes in and i had to shut it off.
i wondered how long into it he would brag about bin ladin..well not long
everyone should get ahead with hard work...yea when we succeed in business the gov't is there to take more
GM is #1 now in the world ..i though it was toyota ? he said ford is growing ...no help from him.
and thats all i could take
it was great to see gifford she looked great

novahobbies

Don't turn it off!
Know your enemy, and know yourself.
I'm not an Obama fan, but neither am I thrilled with the members of the dog and pony show who are parading around the country and touting themselves as our GOP saviors. This is not gonna be a pretty election.

reefraff

Didn't even bother. He doesn't know what he's doing. I just hope and pray people wake up and realize we need to try something other than throwing government at the problem.

reefraff

This whole pay down equity on peoples home loans and pay people who were foreclosed on without the paperwork being right is going to blow up in good time barry's face. A lot of those people are in trouble because they lied on their paperwork. The banks are going to increase interest of fees to cover what they are "giving away" so those of us who pull our own weight get hosed again. Sooner or later people are going to get sick of his classless warfare crap and blowing taxpayer dollars buying votes from whatever special interest group is ignorant enough to buy into his BS>

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/390117/obama-speach#post_3452959
yep 10 minutes in and i had to shut it off.
i wondered how long into it he would brag about bin ladin..well not long
everyone should get ahead with hard work...yea when we succeed in business the gov't is there to take more
GM is #1 now in the world ..i though it was toyota ? he said ford is growing ...no help from him.
and thats all i could take
it was great to see gifford she looked great
You hung in there for 10 minutes? I commend you sir, I had to bail in about 3 minutes. I flipped back to him every so often, heard nothing new, flipped back to the hockey game.
Yeah, he is going to play the Bin Laden thing forever.
Agree about Gifford, amazing the recovery after only a year.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/390117/obama-speach#post_3453025Sooner or later people are going to get sick of his classless warfare crap and blowing taxpayer dollars buying votes from whatever special interest group is ignorant enough to buy into his BS>
From your lips to God's ear.
I am not so optimistic.

oscardeuce

When you have the media backing you up with "facts" the sheeple will follow....
When you have 47% paying no federal income and the bottom 50% pay only 3% the sheeple will follow....
When foodstamps are at an all time high the sheeple will follow....
When you can sit at home, drink beer, watch reality TV and have relations with everyone you want while a few work the sheeple wil follow...
When you have no responsibility, or consequence the sheeple will follow..........
We have become exactly what the Founding Fathers feared most...... dependant not INDEPENDANT!

mrdc

All I heard was blah blah blah ... blah blah ... blah blah blah .... changed channel!

mantisman51

GM is back to #1 car maker in the world, VW is 2nd and, thankfully, Toyota has fallen to third. Toyota, with the rusted Tundra/Tacoma frames and 12 million recalled Corolla/Camry engines has finally got the religiously faithful buyers to actually look past a vinyl padded dash and see it is just another car manufacturer-not God. I am happy for GM, but they would have survived just fine going bankrupt without the bailout. Chrysler has also reclaimed it's #3 place over Toyota when all 3 divisions are added together-though the media Toyota sycophants still like to ignore the total and still call Toyota #3 and count each Chrysler division individually to make it seem Toyota is larger. Enough car business. I only heard the part of his speech where he was complaining rich people should pay at least 30% in taxes. Well, I'm not rich, barely middle class, and I was sick! He is saying that American citizens don't deserve their money and it actually belongs to him and he knows how to spend it best. I am often critical of the incestuous relationship between big business and government, but that is not what The Messiah is even talking about. He thinks he has the right to confiscate the earnings of American citizens who he, and he alone, deem to be too rich. That is frightening and illustrative. Anyone or anything he determines to be an impediment to his agenda is just another target. I hope there are enough citizens left in this country to see what this guy is really saying through all his bluster. I started out liking him and hoping for the best. Then I became alarmed, but hopeful. Now I see he is as dangerous as all my right-wing friends had warned. This guy scares me.

slice

I've posted this quote before, it becomes more and more profound as time goes by. I am not afraid of Obama, I'm afraid of us:
This is a quote taken from a Czech Republic leader on the state of America from about 3 years ago:
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

stdreb27

my favorite part was him touting the American car company then backed it up with his no bail out quote...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious to know which of the two top contendors running for the Rep nomination is a whole lot different then a dem president? Neither are conservative, and both join John Kerry in the flip-flopper team, and can distort the truth with the best of them.

reefraff

Nobody can ever reach the level of Flip Loppery of John Kerry
All I know is 0bama doesn't know what he's doing and is too arrogant to change directions. I'd vote for Ron Paul at this point and I think he's a loon.

stdreb27

hopefully Santorum hangs around long enough to vote for. Because, I'm not voting for Romney. And well, I'd only vote for half of Newt...

ironeagle2006

At least Newt has a History of Balancing the BUDGET and he also did it for 4 Years. Yes he is a JERK but Compared to Romney that Obama based ObamaCare off Mitts OWN PLAN from MASS off of plus Mitt has hidden so much cash OVERSEAS that he is not wanting to have taxed. Then you have Newt that was CLEARED by both the IRS and the Ethics Commitee for all his problems from when he was Speaker and yes he was fined but he was NOT CHARGED. What ammo is in the can from when Romney was Governor. Also why does the Washington Insiders and Media NOT WANT Newt to be the Nominee he DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS and will not BEND TO WHAT THEY WANT. He also enginereed the First GOP Takeover of Congress in 40 Years Forced Clinton to Balance the Budget and then was RUN OUT BY NANCY PELOSI at the time. Boy he was a bad boy.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Aside from fears of drastic changes in our foreign policy direction, is there another reason to keep calling Ron Paul crazy?
Of the 3 top contenders (he is 3) he seems the only straight talking, non-liar. He's had the same platform forever, and doesn't flop around (like Romney and Newt) like a fish that keeps jumping out of the fish tank. To me, the top two have no platform, since they will lie and exaggerate to suit so there is no telling what they will do if elected. At least with Obama, we know what we have.
Presidents don't rule the country like dictators. They need a supporting Congress to do most things, including sweeping changes to our foreign policy.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/390117/obama-speach#post_3453150
At least Newt has a History of Balancing the BUDGET and he also did it for 4 Years.
Newt lied claiming "he" balanced the budget for 4 consec. yrs. Also, Newt was the speaker of the house. Whatever budget was balanced during his tenure was not balanced by him alone by any stretch of the imagination. Him claiming that "he" balanced the budget is arrogance. Clinton was president when the budget was balanced, with a Rep. Senate and Dem. House, and, together, they balanced the budget.
Something that neither Bush (REP) nor Obama (DEM) achieved.