Obama

watson3

"We now have spent $400 billion and have seen over 3,000 lives of the bravest young Americans wasted."
Did anyone else here about this quote..

jmick

Originally Posted by watson3
"We now have spent $400 billion and have seen over 3,000 lives of the bravest young Americans wasted."
Did anyone else here about this quote..
Untill we accomplish something in Iraq it is a waste of lives and money...so I think it's rather accurate.

watson3

Originally Posted by Jmick
Untill we accomplish something in Iraq it is a waste of lives and money...so I think it's rather accurate.
He also apologized for the remark today..Really hoping 1journey and hot883 will hop on this one..

triga22

Accomplish something. Weve done alot over there, Its just the media isnt going to show that. We took Suddam out,We made a democracy,were building there army,we build schools,weve found allot of terroists like Suddams family and killed them. Last I checked thats all good stuff tell me if im wrong.

hot883

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Accomplish something. Weve done alot over there, Its just the media isnt going to show that. We took Suddam out,We made a democracy,were building there army,we build schools,weve found allot of terroists like Suddams family and killed them. Last I checked thats all good stuff tell me if im wrong.
Very true. Been there done that don't really want to go again. I have held my brothers in my arms, bleeding and dying. To leave now would be a waste.
There is so much good coming from this that the news does not report.
Do we need to have an exit strategy? Yes, and we should put more pressure on the Iraqi people to step up more.

oceanists

Totally agree with you Jmick ... as usual.
Very Accurate quote

watson3

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Very Accurate quote

Wake up..

hot883

Originally Posted by watson3
Wake up..
Please keep it civil, or ignore the responses if you do not agree.

1journeyman

Somehow I can't imagine President Roosevelt saying "they died for nothing" while 10,000 allied soldiers were dead and dying on the beaches of Normandy....
Some may disagree, but I'd never say "they served and died for nothing" to a Vietnam vet either.

garnet13aj

We made a democracy
I don't think that we can make a democracy for them. So far it is still a big mess over there. I can't say what has been accomplished and what hasn't in specifics, but until the Iraqi people actually start running the government I won't call it a democracy. Most democracies don't have sectarian cleansings and 10 hour curfues (sp?). It may be on its way, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a democracy until the government is embraced by its people.
Personally, I would tend to side more w/Obama, but I think it was a bad move as far as his campaign goes...

phixer

Originally Posted by Oceanists
Very Accurate quote
:hilarious Thank you sir may I have another.

dogstar

Thank you sir may I have another.

Wake up..
Very convincing points to the argument......maybe this is why the center is swinging left.....

phixer

It is? Democrats or Republicans they both have failed the American people IMO. Wealthy politicians are out of touch with the people, it really dosent matter what side they are on. Things flip flop so quickly that nothing ever gets done, and it will change again. Sorry democrats, Im not ready for higher taxes, bigger government and free hand outs for the lazy.

dogstar

Originally Posted by Phixer
It is? I dont see the GP swinging to the left at all?
Im quessing you mean the general population...
And I would expect that many do not see it or that even the recent elections did not shine enough light on this for those to see it either....