Oceansidefish's 120g Tank Diary

oceansidefish

I am replacing my old thread about my tank... This new one will both detail what is in my tank and let other reefers know how I keep it lookin' sweet! I will be posting lots of pics!
Tank Details:
120g Eurobraced Leemar open top 4x2x2...Drilled
Geissman 48" fixture 2x250 Phoenix, 2 Actinic + T5's
Warner Marine AS-150 Protein skimmer
phospahte reactor
Eheim 1262 return pump
2 Tunze nano streams
4-5" sand bed
115ish pounds of LR

oceansidefish

Next Pic is of my chalice...Don't remember which variety if you know please tell me...And my Alien Eye (although I am not sure if you know what it is please let me know...)

oceansidefish

It's a Panasonic Lumix Tz5 it's gret up in the front of the tank, say where my plate and nem are. I do loose clarity the further back I take pics though. Not a bad camera though, I highly recommend it and it's the best zoom for a point and shoot.

oceansidefish

Today I picked up a frag of the Superman Monti....It's off one of the origional colonies so I was pretty stoked to find it....Also picked up some zoas with a really bright orange skirt, will get some pics when my lights are on tomorrow

oceansidefish

I also have a cyphastria I got last week...cyphastrea japonica is what I picked up, an awesome little coral with amazing color

sbaumann14

PICTURES!!! WE WANT PICS!!! i have an excuse for not updating my thread this week.... I'm on the road
no excuse for you!

oceansidefish

OK here are some more pics....I really need to work on my camera skills though but you will get the idea.
Frogspawn

Rainbow Monti

meowzer

That is a beautiful RBTA....I wish I could get pics like that..
Actually everything is beautiful too...

oceansidefish

So an update on the tank.....I really need to get pics up but have just been crazy busy with work lately. I got a sunset monti and neon-green toadstool last week. Hopefully as the Neon green grows I will be able to use it to supplement my coral money...And the way leathers grow in my tank it should not be long. My toadstool leather is only a few inches short of being frisbee sized at this point. I have also decided that the hogfish has to go. He has killed the last 3 fish I have introduced into the tank. So I will be building a fish trap and sending him to someone else.