ocellaris and a bubble tip

dee77

so the day i got my ocellaris i picked up a very nice green bubble tip anemone, the clowns would not go in to it but the would get up to it and swim away
could it be th clowns to stressed out.... the next day the bta was in my filter wich sucked cuz it was 50
thanks for you help

bang guy

BTA are not the natural host for Ocellaris. It will eventually work in most cases but it often takes some time.

coral hind

Tank raised clowns normally take longer to figure out that they can go into an anemone. I have never had any ocellaris that didn't take to a BTA.
If the BTA is close the glass, try taping a picture of a similar sized Ocellaris up on the glass. I know several people who have had luck with that method.

saltywhit67

Dee did you try posting the picture on the tank? I have a problem where they wont even look at it. I tried the picture thing in the past and it didnt work. any other tips / methods to get them to host?

r1v2c

i think patience is the only thnig ... i tried everything, the picture, trying to coherse the clowns into the anenome ... finally after 7-8 months it kinda just happened.