Octopus Pics

malounsbury

Originally Posted by Bacffin
You must have that tank locked up like Fort Knox...no!
lol. I used to work at the aquarium here in Baltimore, and you should see how they've got their octopus secured into the tank. They had a problem where they came in one day, and the one they used to have was dead on the floor. Turns out it was trying to get to the fish in the tank next to it, and well you can guess the rest.

jon321

mine was a hitchhiker on liverock, but i find that hard to believe, i bet it was just put in with the lr and accidentally removed with the rock, or it escaped from an adjacent tank and climbing in and got 'lost' with the lr. the few that ive seen for sale went for $80CAD at the lfs, which is about $60 american, but tank raised specimens can be gotten online for around $30.
Jon

gwiley

how shocked were you when you found that little surprise in there? I used to just stare into my tank when i first set it up, i remember just thinking what if there was an ocotapus in one of those little crevices.

tazz

do you have the top compleatly close. i hade one before i also found him in one of the rocks that i got from the ocean but i forgot to close of the top after six mounth i found him stuck to the floor not good

jon321

ya, the top is completely closed with plastic and duct tape, and it was a hitchhiker on a friends lr, believe me he was pissed when he lost around 100 assorted hermits and snails, a couple cleaner shrimp and an algae eating blenny in the matter of 2 weeks! and even more pissed when he had to catch a 1" octo in a 90g reef with about 200lbs lr!
my friend said it best, "finding an octopus in a 90g reef tank is like playing Where's Waldo...except Waldo changes colors, shapes, hides in tiny crevices, then moves when you turn your back!"
Jon

bimac

i am getting an octopus in a few days ill tell you how it goes. Dont wory I have done tones of resurch and feel I am ready.

f1shman

Man i wish i could get a cool hitch hiker like this!! Im pretty sure my triggers ate all my little hitch hikers, they ate about 30 hermit crabs lol. My undulated and picasso trigger eat anything, even though the undulated is supposed to prefer herbavore food.
Good Luck With The Octo

J

jcrim

My undulated and picasso trigger eat anything, even though the undulated is supposed to prefer herbavore food.
Are you kidding? Undulated triggers are one of the most aggressive aquarium fish... they'll eat anything.

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by F1shMan
My undulated and picasso trigger eat anything, even though the undulated is supposed to prefer herbavore food.

Are you kidding? An undulated trigger will eat anything and everything.