Ode to my old SWF pals

oceanjumper

Hey guys,
It's been a while I have been on the site... Been busy I guess, or, perhaps because things have been going so great with the tank.
My tank is currently more beautiful than ever and I realized I could not have reached this level of enjoyment if it wasn't for all the advise I got from many members on this board. So, to all newbies: keep reading & asking. It always amazed me how the biggest challenges became so evident after an hour on the board...
Well, I put a few new pictures on my website in the Aquarium and Fish sections. I need to update the Coral sections. I bet you have rarely seen such a nice hammer and torch... Oh yes, Bang Guy, you were right... the torch is hosting the clowns now....

shep

where did you get the backgroung for the bowfront? I love it and want one. I have considered having mine airbrushed, but I like that alot.

oceanjumper

Glad you all liked my website. It is actually not so difficult. I used freewebs.com, they offer webediting tools plus they don't have all the ads and pop-ups you see coming with other free server sites.
The background I got from the LFS. I must say, I also like this one a lot. I bought it over three years ago but I haven't seen it since.
I attached another one of my favorite pix

Hi Oceanjumper! :)
You were really helpful to me back when I was setting up my tank in November, last year. Thank you! I have it up and running now and I am VERY happy with how it is set up. It is light years beyond what the LFS guys were recommending. Mine is similar to yours in that I have an elevated refugium (in my tank stand) that gravity flows into the sump. But, I have a 125 gallon tank, so the volumes are much larger. My refugium is about 35 gallons with 125 lbs LS. I have an overflow box that is dedicated to feeding the refugium alone. I have two others that go directly to the sump (20 gallon tall glass aquarium) which houses the skimmer and return pump.
Anyway, I dont want to bore you with the details. Maybe I can get some photos and set up a site like yours, someday.;)
It is good to see you again, glad to hear that your tank is doing so well.
Sincerly,
-Christine

dvs

Hey Marc,
I believe we have the same tank. I am looking for housing for my lights. Where did you get your ballast from? The one they have at my LFS for VHO & MH is hideous! Thanks a bunch!
:D
Jen

robbie2

Hey great pictures.. you mention on your website that the 404 filter you had was useless for saltwater tanks.. I have a 304 fluval in my 46 gal bow.. Why is it useless?